Accent Colors

reelsilly

Hello all, I haven’t been up here in a while and I apologize. I’ve run into an issue that has been bothering me and figured I’d ask everyone here.

I have a 2012 JK Sport that’s Billet Silver in color. Right now, I have azure blue as my accent color. Over the months, this color blue has not really been setting right with me as I feel that it’s too light.

I’ve been toying with going to a darker blue or even yellow, but I’m not sure. Either way, I need to pick a color that I can find in vinyl and rattle can.

With that said, I figured that I would ask for opinions and photos. Thank you all in advance for the help.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

GONWHLN

i think the blue looks good. It might look better if it was darker shade. Yellow is a no go on silver. Red always contrasts well with silver :thumb:

GONWHLN

Here's a small example of the red on silver. Sorry this is the best picture I had on my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_5911.jpg
    IMG_5911.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I think it looks fine as is, but with that being said, I'll throw you a curve ball. My WJ is the opposite, it's dark blue with silver accents. Stickers, lights, emblems, fairlead, wheels. Here's some pics where you can see the contrast. It's called Patriot Blue and they used it for years on Durangos and Rams. Just a thought.

DSC03690.JPG

IMG_20171102_170957_009.jpg

reelsilly

I think it looks fine as is, but with that being said, I'll throw you a curve ball. My WJ is the opposite, it's dark blue with silver accents. Stickers, lights, emblems, fairlead, wheels. Here's some pics where you can see the contrast. It's called Patriot Blue and they used it for years on Durangos and Rams. Just a thought.

View attachment 281833

View attachment 281834

That’s a sharp vehicle!!!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

CookieMonsterJK

With silver as a base you can go with just about any accent color. My vote would be orange or red. I'm scratching my head because my jeep is hydro blue and I can't for the life of me pick an accent color.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
With silver as a base you can go with just about any accent color. My vote would be orange or red. I'm scratching my head because my jeep is hydro blue and I can't for the life of me pick an accent color.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I like the color blue better than red and started using blue, but I think red looks so much better than blue against silver...at least on a vehicle. I’ve also found red to be easier to find than blue when looking for accent parts. I also really like Jeep’s “firecracker red” IMG_2551.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 41
Top Bottom