2017 SEMA Comeup Winch

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Believe me, the guys over at ComeUp Winch would be the first to admit their name may be laughable here in America but this Taiwanese company has been known around the world for making elevator hoists, safety equipment and industrial products for well over 40 years. In fact, they are the manufacturer of planetary gears and other components for most of the winches available today. An old friend of mine works here now and he persuaded me to give their new winch, which looks a lot like a Zeon a look and told me that they actually are the owners of the cone brake patent. But, what really caught my eye was their demo winch which was submerged under water to show just how well it's sealed.

Here are more pics from their display.

20171102235346-9c243e55-me.jpg

20171102235421-f9506f36-me.jpg

20171102235425-39e098be-me.jpg

20171102235403-60643408-me.jpg

20171102235334-e6fb070c-me.jpg

20171102235337-bf398a29-me.jpg

20171102235342-57f5d1f9-me.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Cant wait to see the video on it working under water. While the design sure looks a lot like a zeon, I think it looks great and the components look good in the pictures. What is the difference in the cone brake?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cant wait to see the video on it working under water. While the design sure looks a lot like a zeon, I think it looks great and the components look good in the pictures. What is the difference in the cone brake?

Traditional winches have their brakes in the drum and the heat from it will melt synthetic line. Moving the brake to the outside of the unit keeps the drum cool, the rope safe and there are also other benefits you'd see including ease of pulling line. As far as the Zeon look goes, ComeUp reminded me they are the owners of the patent.

Ddays

Hooked
Well at worst they look like a viable alternative to the cheap imports out there. Any idea on the price point?
That name though :rolleyes2:

BobNH

Well at worst they look like a viable alternative to the cheap imports out there. Any idea on the price point?
That name though :rolleyes2:
A brief google search puts them on par with Warn or higher in price.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Exodus 4x4

I️ looked at them a couple of years ago when I️ was winch hunting and just felt like for the money I’d stick to Warn. I️ think the guy selling them was out of Dallas and at the time claimed to be the only dealer in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL! Apparently, the characters that make the company name look like a C and a P or sound like "come" and "up" or something to that affect. Being that they've been around so long and are known internationally, the name won't be changing for the U.S. market.

Price is up close to the WARN range because they insist their product is on par with them. They also try hard to distinguish the fact that they are a Taiwanese company and NOT Chinese. I was told that they will offer versions of their winch that don't come with synth rope (biggest cost bump) or wireless remote which does help to lower the price by quite a bit.

Beowulf

LOL! Apparently, the characters that make the company name look like a C and a P or sound like "come" and "up" or something to that affect. Being that they've been around so long and are known internationally, the name won't be changing for the U.S. market.

Price is up close to the WARN range because they insist their product is on par with them. They also try hard to distinguish the fact that they are a Taiwanese company and NOT Chinese. I was told that they will offer versions of their winch that don't come with synth rope (biggest cost bump) or wireless remote which does help to lower the price by quite a bit.

They are actually offering their line up without any rope/wire at all. You buy just the unit/controler and put whatever line/cable you want on it. They say it is due to so many people automatically removing them to put on line and hooks that meet individual needs.

It is like buying a bare tool from Milwaukee or Dewalt.

Also, if you remember the Superwinch EP series, they were made by comeup. It was comeup's first line with the cone brake and was exclusively licensed by Superwinch. Once that ended, Comeup arrived on the US market.

wutwasithnkn

Yeah, I shoulda tried that first.

so the SEAL Gen2 9.5rsi, 12V winch is $1259.95

i note that version also comes with a wireless remote and a wired remote. Warn is running rebate at the moment...on Platinum Zeon 10-s it is $200 rebate. But still seems this one is much cheaper. I am in the market at the moment so will check out a few reviews. Anyone here have one?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As promised, here's a video of my friend Seth giving you the low down on the ComeUp winch. Check it out!

:cool:

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Well I had made up my mind after reading the cheap winch vs warn winch thread. Now I've got another decision to make lol

Top Bottom