Driveshaft maintenance?

rich67

Caught the Bug
I was wanting to perform maintenance on my stock driveshafts. I hear they need to be greased on a regular basis, but I haven't seen any writeups on this anywhere. Not sure if it only applies to aftermarket shafts. If so, what type of grease and what's the skinny on this?

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I don't know if you are lifted but the only maintenance I can think of is checking the cv boots for tears if you have stock driveshafts. I've seen some people regrease the cv joints but it's a process of taking off the joint and disassembling it. Quite the process and not sure if it's even necessary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

rich67

Caught the Bug
I have the leveling kit. A while back I tore the boot on the front driveshaft ( the part that the crossover usually rubs on).
Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bill123

Not to hijack this post, but is there a way to lube the stock driveshaft? I'm getting kindof a slip bump sometimes when taking off from a stop. The feeling is very similar to my older F150 when it needed the slip yoke lubed.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Not to hijack this post, but is there a way to lube the stock driveshaft? I'm getting kindof a slip bump sometimes when taking off from a stop. The feeling is very similar to my older F150 when it needed the slip yoke lubed.
Is the boot torn in the middle section of the shaft?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Just shove it in your trash can and get a good aftermarket driveshaft, no more slip bump

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom