King front and rear bump stop PSI

whytiptoe

Curious what people are running in the bump stops. I know there are a lot of variables on up travel and driving habits and vehicle weight, but it’s always nice to have a starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zevulin

Many guys install them without ever checking, most assume the factory charge is sufficient, a nitrogen shock charging kit is expensive unless you piece together your own. On average 50-60psi is generally where they work best.

whytiptoe

Yea I already have my nitrogen setup, cost $200 for everything. With having the coilovers and front and rear bumps thought it might be a good thing to have so I can keep tuning it till I get everything right.

Thanks for the starting point.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
While I am not sure if this is right, I run my front bumps at 150 or thats what they were when I last checked them.

Zevulin

When I spoke to Mel at ORE he recommended 50-60psi as an average and said if they’re set to high you’ll get a pogo stick effect.

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
They usually come at 50 psi...when I was in Barstow awhile back getting a custom tune on my suspension from King, we eventually increased my rear bumps to 100 psi to prevent bottoming out in the whoops doing between 40-50 mph

kbp810

Caught the Bug
My last set I put on my '15 came charged at 200psi. 150psi was closer to the sweet spot for me, where they absorbed the impact well, but didn't bounce/jump.

My first set I had on my '10, the fronts actually didn't come charged at all.

Top Bottom