99510 Trailguard Front Bumper

JKEmmy

Hey guys just wondering if anyone is running rampage products newer bumper the 99510 trailguard front bumper. If you are or know a guy if like to know how you or they like it! I'm also open to suggestions for a bumper if not this one. I'm thinking a mid length, lighter, that accepts factory fogs. I believe this one is around 100lbs. Also I can't afford aluminum.... Haha. Thanks guys..... Shiney side up.

zimm

Caught the Bug
We tend to hate chinese bumpers. Look at the Poison Spyder brawler lite, meets all your requirements and is made in the USA and 65 pounds. You can get in bare steel and spray paint it to save some money, or buy already powder coated. It looks good without a winch if you don't have one yet. No cutting, it bolts right on.

JKEmmy

Man! Thanks, I actually did look at that bumper, it's exactly the same except the winch doesn't sit recessed..... Another want I forgot to mention.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Evo quarter pounder is recessed, but no fog lights. Hard to have both. Check out LOD.

JKEmmy

Hey zimm, I was looking at rampages web page and the bumper says it's manufactured in the us. Does the steel come from China or something, and it's just put together here? If not it sounds like it's American made. Which would be nice haha.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I can attest to the quality, including powdercoat of the Rampage JK bumper. AFter 6 years, and a pretty good car accident, it still looks perfect, has the best powdercoating I have ever seen on ANY product at ANY price (including high end American, Japanese, and German parts) and has proven to be extremely strong. I have put it through 7 years of rocks, sand, salt, calcium chloride, mud, and everything in between, and it is still solid as ever. Recovery points are also extremely solid. I originally bought it for my 2012 Sahara before I was really into offroading and offroad travel because I loved the look, but it has proven to be ultra reliable and one of the best quality mods I have bought for my Jeep. Do I endorse you buy Chinese over buying American made? Never. However, I will stand by my statement that the Rampage JK bumper specifically is a fantastic product.

36914515121_bb1b2dd798_b.jpg

Having said all that, my comments are specifically with the original full width bumper, and I have no experience with the one you are asking about. I run an expedition one rear bumper, which is made in the USA, and while it is a fantastic product, the powdercoat was pretty poor (have had the bumper blasted and Line-Xed) and the fit required manhandling and sledging because the tolerances were too close.

JKEmmy

Well that is a solid reply for the rampage side! Sounds like they might make a pretty good product. I have some thinking to do! Any more opinions are welcome! Also real awesome picture of a real nice Jeep! Thanks!

zimm

Caught the Bug
I stand corrected. There are so many Chinese bumpers out there.... 100 pounds seems overly heavy though.

Top Bottom