Lift ideas

Richbeast

So I have a quick question. What would you guys recommend, the 3-3.5 inch Progressive Sport System or JKS Jspec 2.5in kit? I am looking for a complete kit where I would have to change any extra stuff? I know with the progressive sport I will have to buy the shocks separate.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Richbeast

Never heard of the progressive sport system. I would look at the Rancho kit or the evo leveling kit before either of the two you listed.

So I have the rancho leveling kit but I am looking into a bigger lift that is affordable and that comes with everything I need to lift it properly. And the progressive one is from rancho as well.

Richbeast

By progressive sport do you mean this kit? View attachment 282467

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well it ain’t that kit specifically, I contacted rancho and they had suggested this.

For the Jeep Wrangler JK the best suggestion I can make with the height of lift you are looking for, would be our 3-3.5 inch Progressive Sport System, part number RS66110B. This will lift the front end of the vehicle between 3-3.5 inches and lift rear of the vehicle 2.5 inches accordingly. You would also need to get the shocks separately. If you would like to continue using the 9000XL series shocks, the front shock would be RS999329 and the rear shock would be RS999330.

zimm

Caught the Bug
What sized tires are you planning to run? Stock or cut fenders?

No "kit" has everything you need. Do some more research. If you go 3+" factor in a new front driveshaft.

Make sure you address castor with adjustable lower control arms
Rear raised track bar bracket
Front adjustable track bar
Springs
Shocks
Sway bar links front and rear
Rear brake line extension brackets
Front brake lines
Extend vent lines on axles

Then you will be "complete" with centered axles and good handling.

Having been through 2 complete lift "kits" myself, if I had a stock jeep, I'd run the Evo enforcer 3" kit. Add shocks (rancho 9000 if on a budget), Adams 1310 front driveshaft, and call it a day.

The fox shocks in the JKS kit look like the cheaper steel body ones. Fox makes a performance IPF shock with aluminum body that will hold up to the road salt better.

Last edited:

Bill123

I would stay with a 2.5" kit because it will not require you to replace your driveshafts. Going any larger than 3" on a JKU will increase your pinion angles to the point where failure is inevitable.

Top Bottom