Help

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Just got back in town and picked up my 2014 jk at the airport. Turned the key and instead of starting it went tick tick tick, dash lit up, radio came on, lights all work, so the battery has some juice. Got the parking guy to come jump start me, fired right up. Now at home it’s doing the same thing again, no error codes. Any ideas, hard time believing a 3 year old factory battery is dead. I would’ve thought the hour drive home would have charged it some if it is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

I would still get the battery tested. Ive seen batteries that have only survived 2-3 years depending on climate. That would be my first step anyway. Most auto parts stores i know of will do it for free. Im assuming you checked the terminals.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
My factory battery died after just 2 years. It happened on the trail too [emoji849]. It was doing pretty much the same thing.
You might want to invest in a better battery.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm thinking battery as well. A dead cell won't charge no matter how much you try.

black pearl

Hooked
Just got back in town and picked up my 2014 jk at the airport. Turned the key and instead of starting it went tick tick tick, dash lit up, radio came on, lights all work, so the battery has some juice. Got the parking guy to come jump start me, fired right up. Now at home it’s doing the same thing again, no error codes. Any ideas, hard time believing a 3 year old factory battery is dead. I would’ve thought the hour drive home would have charged it some if it is the problem.

A battery can have 12v on it but not have any cranking amps to start.
I would start with battery, or even see if a buddy has one to check with, in your jeep before buying one.

HoosierWolf

What they said. I had something very similar happen in my Dodge pick up years ago. Turned out it was the battery. Hopefully that is all that is wrong with yours.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Fortunately it ‘s dead in my driveway so I’m not stranded anywhere but home. Oh and you can’t jump start it from a 13 horse John Deere riding mower, know the battery is different but thought it was worth a shot.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
So let’s say it is dead, which brand should I replace it with that won’t require a small business loan to pay for it?

I was just looking at the Odessy batteries after seeing there display at SEMA. Some people here on wayalife had good things to say about them. That's what I'm leaning towards when the time comes. I have no personal experience with them though

Top Bottom