Rear sway bar

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I tried to look for any information on the proper location of the rear sway or if it's even needed. I read that you want to keep both front and rear around 0 degrees, give or take a couple degrees 20171109_113253%7E2.jpg . This correct? My front is easy to adjust since they are now adjustable but my rear is really angled downward. Should I try to correct it with adjustable rear links or not worry about it? Thanks guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
You want those ends level. Measure where it would be and get some EVO sway links.

The front should be 10-15 degrees angled up from level. Mine was 10 degrees down and I flipped an end while off-roading and bent the link. Lesson learned.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You want a rear sway bar, it will help provide stability and it will NOT limit your flex. Being down like that may be a problem when flexing as it may hyper-extend and flip backward on you. If you can, I would install longer links.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
You want those ends level. Measure where it would be and get some EVO sway links.

The front should be 10-15 degrees angled up from level. Mine was 10 degrees down and I flipped an end while off-roading and bent the link. Lesson learned.
My fronts are level right now. I'll change the angle when I get home. Thanks for the info.

JohnnyBanks

I have 2 Jeeps (now they both are Cherokees so maybe this is an apple to oranges thing but hey straight axle right? Lol
When the wind is heavy you will feel a slight shift your driving style doesn't need to change too much...I'd see what the aftermarket looks like on the rear sways

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug

On the evo links do I have to bore a larger hole for them to fit?

zimm

Caught the Bug
On the evo links do I have to bore a larger hole for them to fit?

On the rear, no. On the front, I can't speak to that because I had to enlarge the holes for the rock krawler sway links which I removed. I "think" so, but maybe someone else can chime in.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

My fronts are level right now. I'll change the angle when I get home. Thanks for the info.

Actually you want to cycle your suspension to see where your links should be. There is nothing set in stone saying it needs to be 10-15* above level. It’s a good starting point but your suspension needs to be cycled.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hammmerhead

Is there a big difference in the regular diameter rear sway bar vs the heavy duty version? The one I ordered some time ago is pretty flimsy, but noticed there was a thicker version available. Wondering if there is a noticeable difference?

Gobicon2017

Hey guys, IMG_2153.JPG IMG_2154.JPG

Here’s my issue will call evo when I get a chance tomorrow hopefully.
This is the drivers side sway bar, it measures 12”. Anyone else running there coilovers set that could chime in on proper length sway bar. Mine looks to sit quite high. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Hey guys, View attachment 282964 View attachment 282965

Here’s my issue will call evo when I get a chance tomorrow hopefully.
This is the drivers side sway bar, it measures 12”. Anyone else running there coilovers set that could chime in on proper length sway bar. Mine looks to sit quite high. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't run coilovers, but I believe that length is determined by how much droop you have with your suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom