Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Option 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 4

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlackKnight

I'm going to be Buying a New JKU soon, and want to know the best choices for Audio and Electronics.

Choice 1. OEM Nav/Stereo/Bluetooth compatability
Choice 2. OEM Minimum Sterio with BT compatability
Choice 3, OEM Basic Stereo, Gut and put in Aftermarket NAV/BT compatability
Choice 4. Oem Basic radio, Gut and put in Good Qualith Stereo/Video Screen/BT Compatability, and use an iPad for NAV

I'm leaning much to the 4th Choice, as I've heard that the OEM Audio and BT compatability is not exactly great...
If I go 4th choice, I'll be rigging a camera setup for the Built in screen (Backup Cam in reverse, front and rear wheel cams moving If I can figure out the setup), and a Mount for an iPad Mini for GPS/NAV Etc.

What do you have in your rig? What Plans?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would get the 730N if I could do it all over again. I am looking for one to replace the base model I have now but there expensive.

images

Dave_g

I have the basic radio XM thing skipped the nav but have BT. I plan on getting an Ipad set up eventually

CCTX50

I have the 730. It is easy to use and works great. The BT works great also. The nav is easy to follow and gives out voice commands and screen shots of upcoming turns. No regrets.

JAGS

Hooked
I've got the 430N. It was a few bills cheaper and honestly, not really sure the dif to the 730N. :idontknow:

It's a DD and I use Nav quite a bit for biz meetings and dropping kids off at places, etc. Didn't want to hassle with aftermarket install.

mtnbiker995

I had bone stock then upgraded to a Pioneer AVH3200BT...I absolutely love it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ssgp2

Don't have a Jeep yet but, this is my plan;

I will take the cheapest factory setup with UConnect and use my IPad as a media centre/GPS.
Connecting the IPad with an external DAC to the factory radio, will allow a higher quality in audio and keep the batterie charged.

Here is the DAC

This type of support is cheap and efficient

cuongdyna

I have a Kenwood 6190 which I really like.

Pros

1.Very nice radio
2.Nav which is a Garmin.
3.Very Easy to use.
4.I now have a back up camera. Big plus!!!

Cons

1.Finding a good installers that knows what they are doing.
2.You lose some function on the steering like answering the phone.

image-1176342256.jpg

Last edited:

my_jk

I really enjoy my 730n. Its easy to use and has breadcrumbs so I don't get lost in the desert.

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

If it were me(and i just ordered it) i would/did go with the 430n. I love the clean look of a built in factory touch screen navigation! AND it adds resale value, and aftermarket head unit will not(unless u find the perfect buyer)

430n:
Pros-cheaper, Garmin based software, can add points of interest
Cons-have to add connectivity group to gain Bluetooth connection (most add connectivity group anyway), no voice control of navigation

vs.

730n:
Pros-Bluetooth built in(which makes adding connectivity group a little cheaper), voice control navigation, dead reckoning(ability of navigation to "guess" where it's at if you're in a city, super cloudy, a tunnel, etc. and satellites are blocked), traffic alerts for free 1st year with serius satellite radio.
Cons-no points of interest, more expensive, have to pay to get traffic info after year 1. Chrysler(not Garmin) based system software and its a con as a personal preference to me.

Pros of both- the cost is in ur loan, and you dont have to front the cost, much cleaner install, covered under your Warranty, adds resale, all functions remain integrated between the steering wheel controls and the unit, no risk of a crappy install by a stereo store(if u had planned on them doing it). Nothing sticking out into the cab, or on the dash, or covering vents. No iPad to have to hide when parking ur jeep and less likely to be broken in over. You can still do iPad also.

Cons- a little more expensive. That's it really!

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I've got the 430. I thought about going with the better system so I have a little more functionality but the 430 has been very good to me so far! When I was on the trails in Colorado it had them all loaded in the system already. It was nice to see the trails on the GPS. :yup:

I also like the fact it's Garmin and not Chrysler ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom