hi lift and roto-pax options for evo body mounted carrier

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have the evo hi-lift mount. I'm swapping the evo hinged carrier for the body mounted one. Let's see your hi lift and roto-pax mounts for the evo carrier. I'm looking for ideas.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't carried a Hi-Lift in years but here's a shot of how I have my Rotopax mounted.

20170428171633-58c0122b-me.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
I was thinking about ditching the hi-lift but after watching a wheeling buddy in his TJ get his front and rear diffs stuck between 2 perfectly spaced rocks, I saw the value. We couldn't strap or winch him either direction. Hi lift the rear up and throw it over off the jack was only way out.

View attachment 282816

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking about ditching the hi-lift but after watching a wheeling buddy in his TJ get his front and rear diffs stuck between 2 perfectly spaced rocks, I saw the value. We couldn't strap or winch him either direction. Hi lift the rear up and throw it over off the jack was only way out.

OR.... you could have used a bottle jack to raise one of the axles, stack some rocks if necessary under the tires and then drive off of it. A MUCH safer and easier solution but then, I never wheel my Jeep and have never done anything like that before.

zimm

Caught the Bug
OR.... you could have used a bottle jack to raise one of the axles, stack some rocks if necessary under the tires and then drive off of it. A MUCH safer and easier solution but then, I never wheel my Jeep and have never done anything like that before.

Bottle jacks don't look cool bolted to your jeep.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Cool, thanks. I already have the evo carrier, but I can't fit in the garage with the jack on. It only goes on when I hit the trails. Tube clamps might do the trick and mount it horizontally.

Top Bottom