Help me find some small fog lights?

any4xx

Hey All,

I have a Genright aluminum front bumper so my stock fog light wiring is just tucked away since there's no place to mount any without additional fabrication. But I'd like to have a set again. Yeah... I know they're relatively useless, but I want some just so something comes on when I pull the stalk switch.

My bumper has a couple of 1.5" wide slots on each side and there's space for a surface mount just inboard of the bull bar if necessary.

Problem is that whenever I search for fog lights I am directed to 3" to 4" lights. Someone must make a smaller bullet-style fog light housing, no?

Anyway, if anyone here knows where to shop please point me there.

Thank you,
Tom.

WJCO

Meme King
Look up reverse lights or backup lights. You may find far more aftermarket options that will work. Really, a fog light is more about its location rather that the product itself.

jeeeep

Hooked
why not mount a set on top of the bumper?

can you post a pic of the bumper and slots you're talking about?

I thought those bumpers ran vertically? maybe cut out the piece between the slots :thinking:

I'd also look at motorcycle fog lights or something like this Hella but then the light pattern would be funky vertically mounted

81F57SZUSzL._SL1500_.jpg

any4xx

Look up reverse lights or backup lights. You may find far more aftermarket options that will work. Really, a fog light is more about its location rather that the product itself.

I was under the impression that fog lights were more of a "Spot" light than a "Flood" light, as well as being low-mounted. No? I make a habit of being wrong so please do enlighten me.

any4xx

why not mount a set on top of the bumper?

can you post a pic of the bumper and slots you're talking about?

I thought those bumpers ran vertically? maybe cut out the piece between the slots :thinking:

I'd also look at motorcycle fog lights or something like this Hella but then the light pattern would be funky vertically mounted

View attachment 282946

The four slots down below are 1.5" wide. I'd rather bury the fog lights IN the bumper than use up the sparse real estate on top of the bumper for now. I'm likely to add some brighter off-road lights to the top at some point.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
If you mount them flush with those cut outs, they will be pointing right at the ground making them pretty much useless. Do you even have enough room to mount anything in there with that winch being recessed that much?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

any4xx

If you mount them flush with those cut outs, they will be pointing right at the ground making them pretty much useless. Do you even have enough room to mount anything in there with that winch being recessed that much?

Yeah; there's room behind the slots to make brackets so they could be mounted at any angle.

I’m kind of old school and like my fog lights yellow 3000k not just another white driving light. If you go with any of the small led lights I️ would yellow lamin-x them for better fog visibility.

I️ would also consider cutting the tabs out in between the holes and getting a bigger light without blocking the beam. Something like these piaa 3.5”
IMG_1161.jpg
IMG_1162.jpg
IMG_1163.jpg

any4xx

I’m kind of old school and like my fog lights yellow 3000k not just another white driving light. If you go with any of the small led lights I️ would yellow lamin-x them for better fog visibility.

I️ would also consider cutting the tabs out in between the holes and getting a bigger light without blocking the beam. Something like these piaa 3.5”
View attachment 282996
View attachment 282997
View attachment 282998

Yeah; I’ve considered just opening up the lower surface with a hole saw. And I might just do that depending on what I can find out there. It seems also that most of the smaller lights don’t have much light output. “Duh.”

fiend

Caught the Bug

View attachment 282996
View attachment 282997
View attachment 282998

Never understood those PIAA lights. Seems like the cross bars and big ass lettering block about 50% of the light output.

Top Bottom