Bluetooth calls staticky when vehicle first starts

whitee27

Now this is a little hard to explain but something happened recently and all my bluetooth calls are staticky for the first 30 to 60 seconds of driving. I have tried with 2 different phones with the same issue. It seems after some time it will stop being fuzzy and work correctly. I can't make or receive any calls as it is very staticky. If I use my phone normal without going through the vehicle (bluetooth) it works fine. I can also stream music without any issue but can't make a clear call.

I have a 2017 JK with the 430N deck. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I also don't have much knowledge in regards to electrical so troubleshooting is tough. Could it be my antenna? I did put on an aftermarket stubby and swapped it back with the factory and that didn't help. I'm not sure if bluetooth uses the antenna any how?

Thanks in advance.

BobNH

Sounds, on the surface, like electrical interference from all the jk startup gadgetry, even the auto solenoid....does the 17 have the same annoying solenoid as the 08? Different trans for sure.
Strange it would only recently start though. Think about what else you may have changed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Is it staticky during the time you would ordinarily warm your vehicle up? Does it happen regardless of your location?

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Bluetooth won't use your cars antenna. It basically uses radio waves to talk to your head unit. Static would mean there is some interference. Seems strange it's only for 30 to 60 seconds though and then it works fine. You can stream music without having to wait? The two phones you used, were they the same kind? IPhone or android?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

whitee27

Bluetooth won't use your cars antenna. It basically uses radio waves to talk to your head unit. Static would mean there is some interference. Seems strange it's only for 30 to 60 seconds though and then it works fine. You can stream music without having to wait? The two phones you used, were they the same kind? IPhone or android?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Both phones are Androids and yes I can stream music instantly. I'll try using a bluetooth headset for calls in the jeep and see if that has issues. This will determine if it's the 430N deck or some interference.

whitee27

I tried last night using a bluetooth headset to see how it worked. I celled using the Uconnect and the call was staticy as usual, once I sent the call to my phone the bluetooth headset picked it up and it worked fine.

whitee27

So I've taken back to the dealership and shop that installed the stereo and they both say it's not their equipment causing the issue. The dealership ran a test and said that "all speaker codes are active" which means the issue is with the aftermarket equipment. The shop said that the dealership has no idea what they are talking about and that code proves nothing. So I now have a new jeep in which the bluetooth calling only works half of the time.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
That stinks. Did you recently buy the n430? Perhaps you can exchange it via warranty if it's an issue with the unit.

Top Bottom