Skinny VS Wide KM2 mileage

SP77

I am curious if anyone else has had this experience. From what I read, the BFGoodrich KM2's get great mileage (50-60K miles) it maintained. So I had some mounted on my JKU in a 33x10, tall & skinny size, and only got 30K miles out of them. And I rotated every 5K miles. I am ready to get another set and am considering upgrading to a 34x11.50 size if they could last longer. Would the skinny size wear faster than a wide tire? Or should I look at something else?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It should wear about the same but, the greater footprint and subsequent rolling resistance will most likely effect your MPG. Also, on a side note, I might discourage you from running such an odd size as finding a replacement will be difficult to do in a pinch. But, that's just me.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I agree with Eddie. Also the small difference that a 34x11.5 and a 35x12.5 have won't make a huge difference.

But what I can tell you is that if you run a 35x12.5 and get a flat on the trail and don't have a spare or you get two flats the chances of somebody else having a 35x12.5 are greater then somebody having a 34x11.5.

Go big or go home, on a tow truck. :cheesy:

SP77

I was going with this size bc they are each $70 cheaper than the 35s! $70 is a lot for barely an extra inch, prophylactic jokes aside. I will consider it though.

SP77

I don't think so. I always had 35-40 psi. The wear on all four was exactly even, I rotated every 5K. I was just surprised they wore so fast since I had always heard the opposite. Which got to thinking, hardly anyone runs the skinny tire, always the wider. Maybe that was my problem.

Jeeper_2010

I have about 20K on mine and they're about half way down. I expect to get around 40K out of them without issue.

Edit: I run 28-30 psi

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom