Cutting fenders

Zord

What’s the general thoughts on cutting the stock fenders on a JK? Really considering this.

Thanks everyone!

Scrambler

I couldn’t help to laugh . You do know people have been cutting fenders for years now, right? What are you wanting to know? This is a pretty common thing....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zord

I couldn’t help to laugh . You do know people have been cutting fenders for years now, right? What are you wanting to know? This is a pretty common thing....

Super new to this Jeeping thing. Soaking up whatever I can.

Mostly just wanna know the pros and cons (if any)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrambler

Super new to this Jeeping thing. Soaking up whatever I can.

Mostly just wanna know the pros and cons (if any)

Thanks

Can’t think of any cons. A lower COG is more important than lifting your Jeep high enough to clear your stock fenders without rubbing.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Benefits:
1. Free
2. Will flex when hit preventing body damage
3. Free
4. Increase Wheel travel
5. Free

And in case TrailHunter forgot to mention, free....

It also gives you the ability to cut them however you want. You can go completely flat, with a lip, or even skinny (if u don’t have tire coverage laws:()

I left a lip.

IMG_7302.jpg

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Even if you want to maintain a relatively "stock" look you can always trim underneath the fender to get a bunch of unneeded plastic out of your way... I have a few state police in my area that love pulling me over for wide tires so i needed to keep the extra 1/2" that the lip creates.

IMG_3534.jpg

Andy5160

Hooked
Even if you want to maintain a relatively "stock" look you can always trim underneath the fender to get a bunch of unneeded plastic out of your way... I have a few state police in my area that love pulling me over for wide tires so i needed to keep the extra 1/2" that the lip creates.

View attachment 283287

Are you sure they don’t just love you [emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

desertrunner

I've done it 3 times now once with an angle grinder once with a jig saw and once with a dremmil. The dremmil in my opinion was the easiest to control and make it look good. Especially if you buy the $10 plastic cutting bit. The last 2 times I did it I didn't use the door trim to finish it I just bought a like 150 grit sanding block to smooth the edges and it turned out pretty good.

20161219_131604.jpg

20161218_213509.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zord

Thanks for all the comments and pictures guys! I’m thinking about tackling this project this coming weekend. Wish me luck!

Top Bottom