Obd and iPad

alf1096

I have a 2017 Rubicon but it came with the base evic display so all I have is the temp gauge. I have an old iPad mini laying around that really never gets used and I was thinking of turning it into gauges. I see the android torque app is really popular but since I already have the iPad I need advice in the area. What is everyone using for obd scanner and iPad apps. Pics of mounting and or apps running would be great. If it matters I would prefer to use the iPad WiFi for internet via a cell phone hot spot if that’s possible while streaming gauges.

Ps I did search but didn’t find iPad related stuff.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I use my flashpaq and the head unit I have in my jk shows me everything i need to know including gauges and temps and it plugs right into the obd port and locks in place. From my opinion I would stick with that as the tablet is good and everything but when your out on the trail internet is really hard to come by.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

alf1096

I use my flashpaq and the head unit I have in my jk shows me everything i need to know including gauges and temps and it plugs right into the obd port and locks in place. From my opinion I would stick with that as the tablet is good and everything but when your out on the trail internet is really hard to come by.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I will probably go that route with the radio gauges in the future but I have factory nav so it will be a while before I change it out. Was looking for a cheap alternative for now.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom