PSC reservoir and stock airbox?

LO_Rex

I am stuck trying to get the airbox to fit with the PSC reservoir. Has anyone run into the bracket positioning the reservoir too far out and to the drivers side? 20171119_132000.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I cut plastic and put that tab under the plastic thing. It's a super tight fit. In fact I have to replace the return hose from the res to the pump because it's too short and the air box is crushing it, although it's worked for months with a slow leak from a fitting.

I had to spray the 3 airbox prongs with silicone and put all 200+ pound of myself on that airbox to get it seated. Worst part of the whole install. Not looking forward to re-doing it. Make sure you put a nice long dip in that 3/4" return line for airbox clearance.

View attachment 283493 View attachment 283494

Last edited:

LO_Rex

I cut plastic and put that tab under the plastic thing. It's a super tight fit. In fact I have to replace the return hose from the res to the pump because it's too short and the air box is crushing it, although it's worked for months with a slow leak from a fitting.

I had to spray the 3 airbox prongs with silicone and put all 200+ pound of myself on that airbox to get it seated. Worst part of the whole install. Not looking forward to re-doing it. Make sure you put a nice long dip in that 3/4" return line for airbox clearance.

View attachment 283493 View attachment 283494
Thanks i will see if mounting under the plastic gains me any clearance. Do you mean the large feed hose? The return hose does not go to the pump it connects to the steering box.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Thanks i will see if mounting under the plastic gains me any clearance. Do you mean the large feed hose? The return hose does not go to the pump it connects to the steering box.

Yup, feed hose. I cut it too short. With the airbox in place, it's mashing it down and putting so much stress on the elbow that it's dripping a slow leak. I had to order some new 3/4" push lock hose and will redo one day this week. I also bought the upgraded PSC pressure line (to replace the stocker) which will hopefully help in parking lot maneuvers when you're whipping the wheel full lock to full lock. More flow for $60.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Yup, feed hose. I cut it too short. With the airbox in place, it's mashing it down and putting so much stress on the elbow that it's dripping a slow leak. I had to order some new 3/4" push lock hose and will redo one day this week. I also bought the upgraded PSC pressure line (to replace the stocker) which will hopefully help in parking lot maneuvers when you're whipping the wheel full lock to full lock. More flow for $60.

My airbox fit with just a little muscle. No trimming at all.

P.S. the upgraded pressure line does NOT change low speed parking lot weight. I have it, along with the PSC XD pump and still experience the "pressure pulses" :idontknow: Maybe if you are running a 1.5" ram. but I can assure you, with a 1.75" ram the big hose kit did not mask the feeling

LO_Rex

Update PSC has a new style bracket that just allows enough clearance. The old bracket has a crescent shape cutout and the new one does not.

OLD Style Bracket.

20171121_183234.jpg

Here's the room with the new bracket.

20180129_202458.jpg

J

JKDream

P.S. the upgraded pressure line does NOT change low speed parking lot weight. I have it, along with the PSC XD pump and still experience the "pressure pulses" :idontknow: Maybe if you are running a 1.5" ram. but I can assure you, with a 1.75" ram the big hose kit did not mask the feeling

Doesn't with a 1.5" ram either.

Benito

Caught the Bug

I just replaced my stock high pressure line with the PSC high pressure hose and changed out my radiator style cooler for the single pass cooler with the larger return line kit and did a complete system flush and swapped to SWEPCO fluid from the KSE Elixer fluid that PSC has on their website and can say i saw a major improvement in the overall performance of the steering and have not experienced the parking lot steering pause since the changes. maybe the larger diameter return hose made a difference?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I just replaced my stock high pressure line with the PSC high pressure hose and changed out my radiator style cooler for the single pass cooler with the larger return line kit and did a complete system flush and swapped to SWEPCO fluid from the KSE Elixer fluid that PSC has on their website and can say i saw a major improvement in the overall performance of the steering and have not experienced the parking lot steering pause since the changes. maybe the larger diameter return hose made a difference?

I think my issue may be specific to the 1.75 Diameter Cylinder. Whatever, I just grab the clutch and give it a TINY bit of throttle and the lag is GONE when needed.

for reference Isaac (since you last saw the jeep) I'm now running the XDII-R box, XD Pump, ALL new power steering lines, the 1.75" Cylinder, the big return line upgrade, a single pass cooler, and of course, SWEPCO :thumb:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I wanted to follow up that after I got more 3/4" hose, I played with the routing and angles of the fittings and got everything in and the airbox now drops neatly in place without putting stress on the hoses.

Also the upgraded pressure hose did made a noticeable difference. The steering feels even more responsive to tiny movements and parking maneuvers are improved.

Ddays

Hooked
I wanted to follow up that after I got more 3/4" hose, I played with the routing and angles of the fittings and got everything in and the airbox now drops neatly in place without putting stress on the hoses.

Also the upgraded pressure hose did made a noticeable difference. The steering feels even more responsive to tiny movements and parking maneuvers are improved.

I was hoping someone would report back on that being the case. I ordered the larger hose last week.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I think my issue may be specific to the 1.75 Diameter Cylinder. Whatever, I just grab the clutch and give it a TINY bit of throttle and the lag is GONE when needed.

for reference Isaac (since you last saw the jeep) I'm now running the XDII-R box, XD Pump, ALL new power steering lines, the 1.75" Cylinder, the big return line upgrade, a single pass cooler, and of course, SWEPCO :thumb:

Now that I’m thinking about it, and it may be different now, when i bought my original kit it had the jk valving in the 1.75”x6.75” ram so that the steering wasn’t so light, but since I had to get a longer one (1.75”x8”) that wasn’t part of a kit maybe the valving is different.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Now that I’m thinking about it, and it may be different now, when i bought my original kit it had the jk valving in the 1.75”x6.75” ram so that the steering wasn’t so light, but since I had to get a longer one (1.75”x8”) that wasn’t part of a kit maybe the valving is different.

You could be on to something... :twocents:

Top Bottom