Dash cluster, radio, and wiper maddness!!! What is happening ??

MeatHead

I have a question for you guys. I was driving home from work last week, cruising along on the highway when my dash cluster went dark, the radio turned off and the wipers kicked on all of a sudden and then it all came back on. This happened a few times in a 15 min drive. Any ideas as to what is going on here or what is causing this??. Its happened before when I hit some train tracks pretty hard and once during a really hard rain.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Sounds like some wiring might be loose somewhere, maybe start by taking the cluster out and making sure it’s all plugged in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

MF3R

That actually sounds more like the TIPM is failing. Happened on my 14 JKU...did some really bizarre things like that. Wipers intermittently coming on, even not letting the jeep shut off. It would even do weird things when the jeep was just sitting in the garage. It’s an easy fix but not exactly cheap.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Sounds like a loose connection somewhere, but crazy stuff like this tends to happen when the battery is going bad also. Might want to test it.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I have a question for you guys. I was driving home from work last week, cruising along on the highway when my dash cluster went dark, the radio turned off and the wipers kicked on all of a sudden and then it all came back on. This happened a few times in a 15 min drive. Any ideas as to what is going on here or what is causing this??. Its happened before when I hit some train tracks pretty hard and once during a really hard rain.

This happened once on our 2011 Liberty. I had no codes or CEL so I disconnected the battery to reboot the system and it never happened again. Good place to start.

MeatHead

I have checked all the connections under the hood and everything checks out. I’ll disconnect the battery and see if that helps. Keep the suggestions coming and I’ll report back tomorrow after the morning commute. Thanks guys.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have checked all the connections under the hood and everything checks out. I’ll disconnect the battery and see if that helps. Keep the suggestions coming and I’ll report back tomorrow after the morning commute. Thanks guys.

do you have any other accessories on your battery terminals?

MeatHead

Update....... had the battery tested along with the alternator. Both checked out but the red top needed to be charged. So after about 6 hours on the charger it was back to 100%. Lasted all of three days then back to the flashing and craziness. Bought a new battery. Let’s see if that works

Top Bottom