Lift size

Irishjeepman

What size lift should I get with 31s I was thinking 2 inch lift and trimming the fenders I know someone who does fan work and can trim them real well and didn't know if 2 inches would be to small or should I go bigger?

StrizzyChris

Do u have a jk? Because they have 32's from the factory! Nothing needed to go down a size :thinking:

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

you'll be good at 2" and 31s with a little trimming. the tire might rub a bit on the lower control arms when turning with stock wheels and back spacing but overall no big deal

ltdanlj

2" lift should be fine... for shocks, find somebody that has a set of JK Rubicon take-offs! They are a perfect fit on an XJ with a couple inches of lift!!!

metaldemon

I have a 2.5" old man emu lift with 31" BFG tires. They are mounted on Black Rock wheels. I don't remember the back space, because I just let OK4WD order, and mount them before I brought them home. They don't rub even at full flex with tread all the way up in the wheel well.

Rex Havoc

Low & Wide

My son runs 35s on right at 4.5 inches of lift, yes, that means he got creative with his fenders but they turned out well as he rolled and tacked the seams after triming making for a clean look. On the front he bought a roll of rubber edging and tacked it in place with weather stripping adhesive. This pic was taken before he was quite finished.

Lance Pics 191.jpg

Rockdrummer93

If you are going with 31s, Id go with 3-3.5" and trimmed fenders. I ran that set up for a while and was great for that point in time. Plenty of room to stuff 31s. Now I sit at 6.5" on 35s

3.5" on 31s
IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

Now on 6.5" 35s
IMG_4574_zps52bbcd78.jpg

IMG_4575_zps1d0d444d.jpg

Tigrcky

If I have 27's should I get a 3 inch lift or a 4 inch lift?

3 inch will handle up to 32-33s with lots of fender trimming, you can run 34-35s with 4-6 inches of lift and lots of fender trimming and proper wheel back spacing you can run 36s with a 6 inch lift. 38+ you will need 8 inches + :thumb:

nyglt56

What size lift should I get with 31s I was thinking 2 inch lift and trimming the fenders I know someone who does fan work and can trim them real well and didn't know if 2 inches would be to small or should I go bigger?

I always say you can fit anything anywhere if you try hard enough haha. With that being said. I've seen 35s on 2" with xj's

You might be able to get away with it just trimming on stock lift.

NAUXJ

I have 31's on a 3 inch lift with trimming and there's plenty of extra room, I'm sure you could easily fit 31's on a 2 inch lift with trimming.

1393307718369.jpg

Top Bottom