Abs issue 2012 jku

Rubicrush

So I just replaced my wifes brake booster in her 2012 JKU. The original was making a hissing sound mostly when braking hard or when it is cold out. New booster fixed that issue. However now sparatically the "brake" light on the dash comes on sometimes. Also even more importantly now the abs will kick on and off randomly while stopping normal on dry ground. Never did this before replacing booster. Very dangerous as it has made it difficult to stop a couple times almost causing a fender bender. I have no clue how this could be related to a new booster. Can anyone think of something I may have missed when replacing the booster or maybe an idea of what could cause such an issue. Any help is appreciated.

Rubicrush

Abs issue, response

You might have to take it to the dealer to bleed the abs module. You might have got some air in there when you replaced the booster.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure if im posting a response the right way i just clicked respond with quote. Anyway Thank you I hadnt thought of that, I always forget these newer vehicles have to be bled with one of those fancy scan tools. Of course I dont have one but have friend of family that has a shop so Ill see if he can take care of that for a descent price. Hopefully that resolves the issue. Thanks again.

brentkauser556

Did it help?
My 2011 JK has intermittent ABS lights lighting up, at random times. When there is no light my Jeep hesitates like a miss or vacuum leak or starved for fuel.
But as soon as the ABS light comes on the hesitation/miss disappears.

Sent from my Samsung G-S8 using the Wayalife app.

Top Bottom