Owning a jku with 3.21 gearing

Adamw1212

So I got my jk sport about a year ago brand new and i was really excited to build it up but the more i look at mods the more i realized it would cost a lot more then i had figured. I feel like i really should of just opted for a rubicon even though it would of been more expensive. Has anyone else ran into this kind of thinking or how did you build up a sport with this gearing without breaking the bank?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
So I got my jk sport about a year ago brand new and i was really excited to build it up but the more i look at mods the more i realized it would cost a lot more then i had figured. I feel like i really should of just opted for a rubicon even though it would of been more expensive. Has anyone else ran into this kind of thinking or how did you build up a sport with this gearing without breaking the bank?

Take your time to save money and regear... there's no "cheap" way to get around regearing

desertrunner

I went this route knowing I was going to build it up anyways, I bought the dynatrac trail leader package and a Rubicon transfer case to swap in my sport and once it's done I'll have a stronger set up than a rubi for not much more money. I hear ya on the 3.21s though even with 33s I hate them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

rich-dastardly

I thought I could save some dough by re-gearing myself, but by the time I bought the gears, carrier, press, bearing puller, backlash guage and pinion depth guage, it was about the same. But next time it will be cheaper! ha ha

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

spinned

Put 315/70R17s on mine and it turned my 6-speed manual into a slug. 1st felt like starting out in 3rd and basically 5 and 6 were gone. Happy days though... I just installed 4.56 gears and wow it is like brand new. I decided to put limited slip on both front and rear since I had the axles open. I think it is the best mod out there if you are going to put bigger tires on.

Spend your money on the important stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 137

Good2Go

Bought a Sport last year and it turned out to be the best way to go. Run it ‘till it breaks, then upgrade. If you really, real can’t wait to upgrade: budget, budget, budget and define why you are doing it and what you expect it to do for you that you can’t do now.

Don’t “look back” about not buying a Rubicon. This is a lifetime project and it’s Your JEEP!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

naysjp

Don’t “look back” about not buying a Rubicon. This is a lifetime project and it’s Your JEEP!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great post. I got a lift and 35s and gears are next. I'm blessed to have a Jeep to enjoy offload. I was feeling that way when I got my Sport but changed my tune.

Put 315/70R17s on mine and it turned my 6-speed manual into a slug. 1st felt like starting out in 3rd and basically 5 and 6 were gone. Happy days though... I just installed 4.56 gears and wow it is like brand new. I decided to put limited slip on both front and rear since I had the axles open. I think it is the best mod out there if you are going to put bigger tires on.

Spend your money on the important stuff.

That’s a great looking 2dr Spinned

Top Bottom