What to Upgrade Next?

BillTheCat

My rig is detailed below. Looking to spend $1000-1500

Tie Rod / DragLink, or Track Bar
Steering Box
Brakes
sPOD or Apollointech
Other???

The only other item I have installed is an axle sleeve. Last January I broke an axle housing in half. Decided to beef it up.

My Rig
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Year: 2013
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Suspension: Rock Krawler JK 3.5" Lift
Wheels & Tires: 35 x 12.5 x 17 BF Goodrich KO2
Bumpers:
Spyder Winch Mount Front Bumper
Smittybilt XRC Armor Rear Bumper with Hitch
Armor:
EVO ProTek Skid System
LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders
Drivetrain:
G2 Gears 5.38
Winch:
Engo 9000S Winch
Lights:
Engo 20 inch LED Light Bar 120 Watt, Amber & White Multi-Function
Engo 4" SW-Series 27W LED Flood/Work Lights
Accessories:
Stryker SR-89MC CB Radio
Superchips TrailDash
ARB Air Compressor
TeraFlex Rear Utility Cargo Rack

WJCO

Meme King
My rig is detailed below. Looking to spend $1000-1500

Tie Rod / DragLink, or Track Bar
Steering Box
Brakes
sPOD or Apollointech
Other???

The only other item I have installed is an axle sleeve. Last January I broke an axle housing in half. Decided to beef it up.

No need to upgrade steering if the OEM ones are working OK. Spod is an unethical company, don't buy that shit. As far as brakes, if you really feel like you need an upgrade, the Dynatrac ProGrips are an awesome package.

J

JKDream

If all you need is simple switches, I just installed the Apollointech and am very impressed with the build quality. 👍

If you're just looking to spend a wad of cash, I'd 2nd the brake upgrade.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Ironically I was just looking at this today. Didn't want to give sPod any of my money but didn't like the switch pros. Anything you didn't like about it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Ironically I was just looking at this today. Didn't want to give sPod any of my money but didn't like the switch pros. Anything you didn't like about it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Actually, no. I'm gonna post up some photos and a review when the custom switch covers come in that I ordered, but in a nutshell, for under $200 you get a well-built switch pod that functions as advertised.

If I was gonna design and build my own, it would look like Strike Force Zebra's setup... Waterproof, extra non-switched but fused circuits. I just couldn't fork over $500 right now but needed a pod and didn't have the time to build my own. From what I've seen online, SFZ makes a real nice setup and I sorta felt guilty for not ordering one, but I've got a lot of Black Friday purchases I need to make so had to allocate dollars accordingly.

The Apollointech is all metal and the brackets worked as advertised... Both under the hood and in the cab. I'd have to say that, for once, I got more than what I expected for the money.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

zimm

Caught the Bug
I like my painless wiring trail rocker. It uses standard carling switches so you can swap in different switches or custom rockers.

Dynatrac progrips will make a definite upgrade that you will use every time you hit the brake pedal. I love mods that you use constantly, plus added safety.

BillTheCat

I saw those brakes when they first came out and was impressed.

In 3 years I've only managed 4 switches so far. I think I'll try that Apollointech for the price. Thanks for everyone's input.

Top Bottom