2012 Transfer Case and Transmission Issues

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Most of you know my rig is at the shop hopefully getting fixed. Jut put this up there to update what is going on in case others have the same issue.

First problem is the transfer case is really hard to shift into any gear. Been like that since day 1 and it shouldn't be as I recently found out.

Second issue is that it lunges forward a little bit between 1st-3rd gears for a couple seconds after the clutch is fully disengaged. Not sure the cause but hopefully will find out and won't get a 'we couldn't find anything' response.

Dropped it off at 07:15 this morning to have the work done and haven't heard anything back yet. They close at 5 so I will call just before to get word if I don't hear anything.

Will keep you updated.:thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
If I'm not mistaken you purchased new...right? If it is warranty work, they should put you in a loaner/rental if they need the car for more than 24hrs. Well, that is what my dealer does for me. I do take it to the same place I bought it, so not sure if that matters. :thinking:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Didn't hear anything so I called. After being on hold for a bit they came back and said that the tech wants me to come down tomorrow and go for a test ride with him.:rolleyes2:

They had it all day and did nothing and didn't even call me to tell me this. I guess tomorrow they tell me that there is nothing wrong. :naw:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If I'm not mistaken you purchased new...right? If it is warranty work, they should put you in a loaner/rental if they need the car for more than 24hrs. Well, that is what my dealer does for me. I do take it to the same place I bought it, so not sure if that matters. :thinking:

I think you have to pay for that when you buy it. I don't have that option I don't believe but I guess I will find out more tomorrow.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I think you have to pay for that when you buy it. I don't have that option I don't believe but I guess I will find out more tomorrow.

Same here anytime I take the wife's car in they give me a courtesy vehicle or set me up with a rental on them. You should ask. What's the worst they can say?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Same here anytime I take the wife's car in they give me a courtesy vehicle or set me up with a rental on them. You should ask. What's the worst they can say?

I did last time it went in but maybe that was because they wouldn't have it that long. I don't know. I'll find out more tomorrow I guess. They said be there between 9-3 so I will be there at 8:30 :yup:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I did last time it went in but maybe that was because they wouldn't have it that long. I don't know. I'll find out more tomorrow I guess. They said be there between 9-3 so I will be there at 8:30 :yup:

That sucks bro. You and Snorkelz will be missed tonight. (I added the Z to pay homage to your Harlem roots).

JAGS

Hooked

Not sure. I didn't pay for anything extra. :idontknow: When I had to take it in, the service rep just asked if I wanted a car as he didn't want me hanging around all day. I said I'll wait as I'm not paying for a car. He asked "you bought the Jeep here right, it's on us." Couldn't refuse and I have sense had three occasions where they needed the jeep overnight and each time I got enterprise rental on them.

Like Frank said, you should at least ask. Especially if it is warranty work, you shouldn't be out a car. The get reimbursed from Chrysler anyways for all warranty repairs.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No I just sat in the house all day today. Sold a few things online, welded some stuff in the garage and worked on some things I needed to.

Oh and Pizza Hut brought me dinner.

Hatewagon

They should give you a car. I would definately push for one. My last experience with warranty work was not good. Took 5 trips to diagnose a release rattling release bearing, not impressive

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Didn't hear anything so I called. After being on hold for a bit they came back and said that the tech wants me to come down tomorrow and go for a test ride with him.:rolleyes2:

They had it all day and did nothing and didn't even call me to tell me this. I guess tomorrow they tell me that there is nothing wrong. :naw:

Bummer the dealership didn't do anything on your Jeep the first day, but it's a good sign the tech wants to see the problem first hand with you. You might get some results. Best of luck!:yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Got it back and guess what, nothing is wrong. :crazyeyes:

But I did think this was funny. Yesterday I agreed to warranty work and today I agreed to $220 estimate. :cheesy:

4FB6E898-3CA9-4AE4-97E0-AF6BB8EC2D05-8492-0000068EA9275691_zps741d95ce.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No I think the service advisor wanted to but the tech said it was fine. I wouldn't have paid anything anyway. All they did was test drive it, after having it 24 hours, and its covered under warranty anyway.

Oh also on the test drive the tech told me not to start in second because I will wear out my clutch.:icon_crazy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh brother, really? Well, at least you didn't have to pay for them to do nothing. Glad that you have your Jeep back again too.

Top Bottom