Which shocks should I buy?

Laurent

Dear Jeepers,

Am newbie in off-road. Got my jeep lifted it 2.5 inches.
Now I have to change my shocks and I don't what to choose.
Where am living, road are pretty dead and off-road is more dirt road on mountain than rock crawling ..
I would like to buy rebuildable shocks with no réservoir.
Fox, Walker Evans, Doetsch, or Falcon.
I have 700$ budget.

Waiting your comments.

Thanks [emoji1]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you saying that you need new shocks because of your lift or because your ride feels harsh after your lift? If your shocks are fine, I might recommend that you just install shock extensions as they are cheap and will get the job done. If you're feeling like your ride is harsh, it's because TeraFlex coils are very stiff and new shocks will not soften this up. I might recommend that you try driving with less air in your tires to help out. Of course, if you're just wanting new shocks, I might recommend a set of Rancho 9000 as they are adjustable and can be set to where you want them to be.

Laurent

Are you saying that you need new shocks because of your lift or because your ride feels harsh after your lift? If your shocks are fine, I might recommend that you just install shock extensions as they are cheap and will get the job done. If you're feeling like your ride is harsh, it's because TeraFlex coils are very stiff and new shocks will not soften this up. I might recommend that you try driving with less air in your tires to help out. Of course, if you're just wanting new shocks, I might recommend a set of Rancho 9000 as they are adjustable and can be set to where you want them to be.
Thanks for your information. I have already extensions on my shocks. Wanted to have something better than rancho, I red sometime bad reviews about 9000xl.. Fading with time..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your information. I have already extensions on my shocks. Wanted to have something better than rancho, I red sometime bad reviews about 9000xl.. Fading with time..

LOL!! Well, I just got done recommending Ranchos so I guess you should go with whatever the reviews you read recommend. :crazyeyes:

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I have yet to hear anything negative regarding the rancho 9000xl. Those would be my choice. But wouldn't all shocks need replacing over time?

Laurent

I have yet to hear anything negative regarding the rancho 9000xl. Those would be my choice. But wouldn't all shocks need replacing over time?
I agree, we need at one moment to replace or rebuild. Its my main concern in fact.. Because à kit to rebuild is less expensive than buying new.

Laurent

No need to apologize to me. I was just trying to help out. Me, I run around on coil overs and bypass shocks - my ride is outstanding :yup:
I know your ride is Outstanding!!!! looking all your videos :) Moab: pilgrimage, Snake eyes and keep it tight are my favorite :)

Going to follow your advice with Rancho. Spoke with Matt very nice person and helpful!! Will not find better help than you and WAL. Thanks

Top Bottom