evo rockers vs poison spyder dyi rico sliders

NOPULP13

hey guys im debating on which rocker protection i should be looking at i have a 2 door rubicon with the stock rails should i build off of them with the dyi rico step from poison spider or spend the extra coin and but the evos? both are nice i like the look of both what do you guys think? does anyone have pics of both? thanks in advance

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Rubi rails are better than nothing, but they will bend into the tub if hit hard enough. Kinda depends on your wheeling style and environment as to how much protection you need.

We sell both give us a call ..

hey guys im debating on which rocker protection i should be looking at i have a 2 door rubicon with the stock rails should i build off of them with the dyi rico step from poison spider or spend the extra coin and but the evos? both are nice i like the look of both what do you guys think? does anyone have pics of both? thanks in advance

we sell both but they are way different . one is Weld on frame mounted and the other is body mounted.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

If you plan on playing hard with your jeep, I would highly recommend that you run a frame mounted rocker guard like what EVO makes.

heybob

I did the Rico steps and was disappointed how weak the body attachment was. They will flex down when you put just your body weight on them. I'm lucky my brother is going to buy them off me this spring then I'm going the EVO frame weld on type.

If you are looking for a cool looking step and minor protection get the Rico. If you plan on solid hits and want a jack point go for the frame weld on.

Forgot to mention they flex due to the added 50lbs of step and the stock weight if the rail. I had the stock mopar step and had no issues with flex due to the light weight. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361589841.496287.jpg

X2 on the evo! I wheel my stocker pretty hard and i have rugged ridge that have flexed into the body so ima give the weld on a try with evo skins!

loadbreak

Def. Go with evo weld on. I ran the rubi rails.and.like others had said, they flex into the rocker, and I ended up with bent pinch seems and beat up rockers.

silverbackjk

I just got the EVO sliders and they are bad ass not only kook great you can rest the whole weight og your jeep on them and they dont budge.

NOPULP13

ok that was a concern about them bending or not holding up well i think i will go with the evos just not positive on the look i have not see ether in person i want to get alot done before spring/summer just picked up the jeep so i need to get my trek top nx a set of rockers i want to get the poison spyder flares but not completely sold on them ether but i like the narrow look on the front and the aluminum option but idk i read reviews of them not fitting

silverbackjk

ok that was a concern about them bending or not holding up well i think i will go with the evos just not positive on the look i have not see ether in person i want to get alot done before spring/summer just picked up the jeep so i need to get my trek top nx a set of rockers i want to get the poison spyder flares but not completely sold on them ether but i like the narrow look on the front and the aluminum option but idk i read reviews of them not fitting

The EVO sliders are a great choice!

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I love my EVO sliders. They are the strongest possible rock rail. I wanted the best protection possible for my JK. I haven't beat on them like Eddie or Mel but its nice to know that if I do need to they can take it! My neighbor backed her Toyota Camry into the side of my jeep and didn't even scratch the rails but it took out her bumper trunk and taillight. Thank you EVO!

rubicrawl

I'm getting the Evo sliders with the Evo rock skins I was going to go with poison spider but after the meeting last Thursday in Anaheim and saw the Evo in person got convinced they look sweet and didn't know that they can have them open them up a little to have a step I need that for my wife and mom I'm just trying to find out when I can make it down there to Evo during the week cause I work anybody know if they are open Saturdays I tried calling and nobody answered

GCM 2

All sliders are meant to help protect your sill panel on your jeep, but with EVO weld-on sliders here are two things that most people don't realize their design allows you to do as much as you want- 1) you can intentionally use them as a steering point, drive that slider into an obstacle and let it help pivot you around the thing. 2) hopefully this will never happen to anyone, but if you roll your rig, just use the EVO slider as a point of attachment for your recovery strap!

Attachments

• image-4198071710.jpg
    image-4198071710.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image-713417383.jpg
    image-713417383.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2874067510.jpg
    image-2874067510.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2040406493.jpg
    image-2040406493.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 86

rubicrawl

That's exactly what I want and wow I never thought of the rock sliders of a rigging point that makes me want them more thanks

Top Bottom