Sliders

JKEmmy

Hey guys, looking for info and suggestions on a set of rock sliders. I'd like a set that can be used as a step still but doesn't hang down low. Can't go much higher than 700$ either so no poison spider ha. Thanks fellas!

scrota76

I have OR-Fab on my JKU. Been nothing but happy with them. Turned off a few good rocks this past May, not a dent on em. Got mine, installed, right at $700 three years ago.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Lod signature series ones (not the new destroyer series) should be perfect for you: https://www.quadratec.com/products/12068_4002_07.htm

We have them on our jku and the step is perfectly located. We welded ours on but they are designed to be bolted on. There are a bunch of threads here about them and a write-up and video for installing them.

IMG_20171124_153519_071.jpg

Last edited:

JKEmmy

Nice! The signature series looks sharp and so does the destroyers. The signatures looked like that Sat a little low.... Any issues with them hanging up? Also they destroyers, are they crazy heavy? The destroyers seen to sit higher? Or are these camera misconceptions.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Nice! The signature series looks sharp and so does the destroyers. The signatures looked like that Sat a little low.... Any issues with them hanging up? Also they destroyers, are they crazy heavy? The destroyers seen to sit higher? Or are these camera misconceptions.

Here’s Moby, running LoD Signature Series Sliders...

IMG_0601.jpg
IMG_0600.jpg

See this thread, also.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/38857-Thoughts-on-sliders-(EVO-LOD-RockHard)/page2

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

The signatures do have the appearance of sitting low. If you don't paint the pinch seam, it will be visible. But they don't hang up at all.

1511563641325509871526.jpg

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
The destroyer is at 60 lbs, signature at 100 lbs

Last edited:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Hey guys, looking for info and suggestions on a set of rock sliders. I'd like a set that can be used as a step still but doesn't hang down low. Can't go much higher than 700$ either so no poison spider ha. Thanks fellas!

Might I suggest the EVO MFG Rock Sliders? They are $530 plus paint and welding to the frame. That would probably put you pretty close to your $700 budget. Then you could even get the low angle ones and this works perfectly as a step. You can even add 3M grip tape and not have to worry about slipping even int he sloppiest of conditions.

Edit: And if you order today, 15% from Off Road Evolution. Good luck!

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I'll second the Evo sliders. I chose to go low angle because I like the step. IMG_1180.jpg IMG_1182.jpg
These things will take an absolute beating, and as stated above there is a great deal on them right now.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I went with the Rockhard 4x4 boatside sliders. I’m Very happy with them and they are in your price range. They handled a couple rocks well, but I haven’t come down hard on them enough to see if they would dent.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I've hit the evo's hard enough that the body bent on the frame in the rear, but the sliders are fine. Says something about my amateur welding skills too. I pivoted my whole jeep on a boulder using the slider as a pivot point. No problems other than needing some touch up.

View attachment 283855
View attachment 283856

jeeeep

Hooked

The LOD signature do not sit low, they hang just slightly below the frame. I have the bolt on and they've held up well.

IMO the step is a little narrow and I have slipped on it when wet (shin slid between the slider and open door, yep left skin behind) just make sure you have a good footing getting in.

I had a set of Smittybilt SRC and liked the wider step but they mounted to the body mounts and flexed into the tub when I took a hard hit coming off a ledge.

if you get raw steel painting them will be your cheapest option unless you can find a good powder coater that's priced right.

LOD come coated or raw

fusion_jeff

Shrockworks makes an awesome set that bolt to the frame NOT the body or body mounts. I had slid and hit stuff that would have easily caused body damage on other designs that are light armor or just decorative. They start at $443, ship from Texas and also have 2 designs one of which more closely resembles a flat to step, but not something that is going to get you hung up on stuff when wheeling. I have personally bought and battle tested their stuff on the last 3 rigs I have owned and I trust them.

http://shrockworks.com/2007+-Wrangl...eep-JK-Rocker-Guards-Rock-Rails-pr-16206.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom