Cold Newbie Question

jorgelrod

Hooked
As you all know, my Jeep always lived in Puerto Rico until I recently moved to Jacksonville. Back in the Island we only have one season and it's basically summer so I never had to even think about this. I don't think that at the mid 30's at the height of the winter here might require any changes in coolant/antifreeze, but I think I might visit some friends in NC around January where it might get colder. Question is will I need to change the Coolant on my JK If I head north this winter or am I just worried over nothing?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
As you all know, my Jeep always lived in Puerto Rico until I recently moved to Jacksonville. Back in the Island we only have one season and it's basically summer so I never had to even think about this. I don't think that at the mid 30's at the height of the winter here might require any changes in coolant/antifreeze, but I think I might visit some friends in NC around January where it might get colder. Question is will I need to change the Coolant on my JK If I head north this winter or am I just worried over nothing?

Assuming that you still have properly mixed, factory coolant (Mopar 10), your Jeep is good for -34F ambient. It doesn’t even get that cold up here in Wisconsin. ☃️

Top Bottom