Chromolly Axle Shafts?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
So on Friday I managed to break a front axle shaft in my rubi 44 along with shear my tie rod. Luckily a guy had a portable welder and we were able to get a weld on the tie rod to get off the trail.
Seeing as I’m on 37’s with a front locker I am looking into chromolly shafts for the front and am wondering about clearance with dynatrac ball joints. The stock size joint already has very little clearance over the lower ball joint. I have been told that Ten Factory shafts will clear the ball joint. Does anyone know if Carbon 1350 shafts will clear or any other brands? Just trying to get my options at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer about your break. Dynatract ProSteers have redesigned their ball joints a while back and have now been designed with maximum clearance in mind. You will be fine with them.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Bummer about your break. Dynatract ProSteers have redesigned their ball joints a while back and have now been designed with maximum clearance in mind. You will be fine with them.

I believe my joints are the older version. Probably only 1/4” between the top of the lower joint and the stock yoke

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom