Lock battery?

GraniteCrystal

I just woke up from a terrifying dream where my nice deep cycle Odyssey battery was stolen from my Jeep and I ended up in a gun fight with a few teenagers.

Is there any common way of securing the battery so it's more difficult to steal?

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I just woke up from a terrifying dream where my nice deep cycle Odyssey battery was stolen from my Jeep and I ended up in a gun fight with a few teenagers.

Is there any common way of securing the battery so it's more difficult to steal?

First thing, get off the mushrooms.

After rehab, then look into the Tuffy Products hood lock. While I have not used it myself, it looks solid.

WJCO

Meme King
Go back to sleep, lol.

You could get a hood lock I suppose. I can't think of a single battery I've seen stolen or locked down, ever. Plus if your hold down is installed properly, the thief would have to be carrying tools to get that thing out no matter what.

JeepJeep75

After a recent theft problem of my own, this is my conclusion. To end any attempt of theft or vandalism to your property, get a motion-activated sprinkler. No thief, no matter how hard they think they are, wants to be wet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
The tuffy hood lock is nice. But if you ever have a fire in the engine bay you’ve got a problem. That being said I guess you could just keep it unlocked while wheeling

GraniteCrystal

Thanks guys. Typed this question out as I lay in bed this morning, still a little frazzled from the gun fight. It was intense. I won. Naturally. If I hadn't, I may not be typing this right now. The body can't live without the mind.

OK, I won't sweat it for now. If I end up installing a SwitchPros or something else expensive under the hood, maybe I'll look into a hood lock at that point or something.

TomDabb

Point a shot gun, unloaded of course out your bedroom window towards your Rig, signage stating insured by Smith and Wesson, another sign saying beware of loose dog - than take some NyQuil and go back to sleep. [emoji481][emoji1372]

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a factory alarm in mine, always wondered what the switch was for...found out when I opened the hood without unlocking the doors.

ran pretty fast back into the house to get the keys :cheesy:

expect the alarm went off when I shut the hood - which I doubt a thief will do.

I switched the wires around and now it goes off once the hood latches are released if the doors are not unlocked :thumb:

TrailHunter

Hooked
I tend to worry more about my vehicles being stolen more then broken into.... which is why I use “________” (not sure if I’m allowed to say). It’s not an alarm or a tracker... it’s a kill switch style that makes it impossible to start the vehicle. For me it’s a huge peace of mind.... especially when so many hours and funds are put into mods.

Lay off the belt restorer man and invest in some hood locks or if we can say i use the same thing as TrailHunter but there are many options and i'm more concerned as well with them stealing my rig then a $200 battery.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I tend to worry more about my vehicles being stolen more then broken into.... which is why I use “________” (not sure if I’m allowed to say). It’s not an alarm or a tracker... it’s a kill switch style that makes it impossible to start the vehicle. For me it’s a huge peace of mind.... especially when so many hours and funds are put into mods.

Lay off the belt restorer man and invest in some hood locks or if we can say i use the same thing as TrailHunter but there are many options and i'm more concerned as well with them stealing my rig then a $200 battery.

why wouldn't you be able to say? :hmm:

Re read rules... :thinking:...

:idontknow: seems like it would be fine too me...

TrailHunter

Hooked
why wouldn't you be able to say? :hmm:

Re read rules... :thinking:...

:idontknow: seems like it would be fine too me...

I don’t know... lol.. “Ravelco” is the brand... I posted it up in the Stolen Jeep thread which unfortunately just started...

I will also be installing a hood lock for those “shady parking locations” and keep it unlocked on the trail in case of a fire like previously mentioned...

Top Bottom