Jeep Tire Rotation

cangro408

Hey guys quick question i found this picture of how to properly rotate Jeep tires and incorporate the 5th wheel into the rotation. I just want to know if this chart is accurate and if you guys have any suggestions or tips. I’m open to any suggestions since i’ve only had my JK for 3 months. [emoji1303]

2017 JK (Stock)
Willy’s Edition
Paint Color: GOBI

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fusion_jeff

The Jeep dealership I go to does that exact same pattern, but in reverse (change the direction of all arrows).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cangro408

The Jeep dealership I go to does that exact same pattern, but in reverse (change the direction of all arrows).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

after drawing it the way you said on scratch paper it seems almost the same thing except your just working in a different direction. By that i mean your tread pattern is still losing tread at the same rate it would in a clockwise rotation. So does it matter a lot cuz i really don’t know?

jeeeep

Hooked
that's how I do my 5-tire rotation, with every 6000 mile oil change.

BFG KO2 37's and they've been wearing evenly

BobNH

Mine is the same as the OP. Though I donit more often because the km's wear like crap after 6k at 37psi. I did improve this tremendously changing to 33psi, can get much more than 3k miles now, which is all I could get in stock km at stock psi.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WW_Svi

after drawing it the way you said on scratch paper it seems almost the same thing except your just working in a different direction. By that i mean your tread pattern is still losing tread at the same rate it would in a clockwise rotation. So does it matter a lot cuz i really don’t know?

It does matter due to how power is transferred to the tires. Even though both tires are applying power to the ground, it is not equal. This is due to the torque being transferred from the drive shaft into the axle... It’s been a bit since my vehicle dynamics class in college but there is a reason.

cangro408

another question not sure if anyone knows the answer but what do you guys think about using the 5th wheel vs just swapping the front to back and crossing them to different sides

Top Bottom