Switched out RK arms, looking for something else

bouche03

Hi everyone,

So I decided to switch out all my Rock Krawler arms on my X-Factor lift. In hindsight, it was overkill for a 2.5" lift on a 4 door. Anyways, I put the factory arms back on and have been amazed with the lack of NVH with factory arms. So smooth and nice versus the RK joints. I am now considering removing the RK track bars and going back to factory, and potentially going to Evo 3" Plush rides. My main question to those in the know; is there anything you can recommend in other aftermarket LOWER front arms, that won't sacrifice the ride quality of the stock arms? Do I need to look for rubber bushings or if I went to the Evo lower arms, will I be back with the harshness I associated with my RK arms?

Thanks in advance!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hi everyone,

So I decided to switch out all my Rock Krawler arms on my X-Factor lift. In hindsight, it was overkill for a 2.5" lift on a 4 door. Anyways, I put the factory arms back on and have been amazed with the lack of NVH with factory arms. So smooth and nice versus the RK joints. I am now considering removing the RK track bars and going back to factory, and potentially going to Evo 3" Plush rides. My main question to those in the know; is there anything you can recommend in other aftermarket LOWER front arms, that won't sacrifice the ride quality of the stock arms? Do I need to look for rubber bushings or if I went to the Evo lower arms, will I be back with the harshness I associated with my RK arms?

Thanks in advance!

The evo arms will beslightly rougher than stock but I don’t think you will really notice. The johnnynjoints do a good job at helping absorb road noise unlike the heim joint rk uses.

Basically any arm that uses a Johnny joint will work perfectly

JKbrick

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Mine has Currie arms with Johnny Joints and EVO plush coils if you want to drive it let me know I can bring it out

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

TonyViv

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Sounds stupid but, whats NVH?

jorgelrod

Hooked
Almost everyone here recommends the EVO with good reason. I can also comment my Metalcloak CAs have awesome.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I run Evo long arms up front and stock in the rear. Honestly I don’t notice any difference in noise or vibration. But being long arm vs short arm I can’t really compare the harshness being that the long arms help the travel angle so much (although the Evo long arms do ride incredible)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Look at Synergy arms. Unless they’ve changed the design, they use a stock type Clevite rubber bushing at the frame end and a Johnnie joint at the axle end. I’ve had a set for 4-5 years now and they’ve worked well for me. Their springs have been good too. Compliant with no evident sagging.

J

JKDream

Look at Synergy arms. Unless they’ve changed the design, they use a stock type Clevite rubber bushing at the frame end and a Johnnie joint at the axle end. I’ve had a set for 4-5 years now and they’ve worked well for me. Their springs have been good too. Compliant with no evident sagging.

They did. They use "Dual Durometer Bushings" now.

Cory s

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
I went with the teraflex sport arms and i am very pleased castor is at 4.2 and tracks very well. I had to be real with my self on how much i would be flexed out. And what was really important.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

With just 3" of lift, there really is no need to replace all your factory control arms. If you like how your ride is now, just replace what you need such as the front lower arms so that you can set caster and rear uppers so that you can set your pinion angle. Being that you're already wanting to run EVO plush ride coils, I personally would recommend you run their arms or Currie (pretty much the same) as well and I think you'll find that you'll be quite happy with what you get out of them.

Top Bottom