I’m on my long drive home with new gears.

any4xx

Thanks to those who recommended The Rear End Shop in Riverbank, CA. It’s just over 120 miles from my house. I was there at 8 this morning and out at noon with new 4.56 gears. I chose that ratio to spin my 35” tires like a set of 4.10’s would have spun my stock tires. The 3.73’s I had were not horrible, but certainly not optimal for these tires. Prior to leaving the shop I plugged in my Procal for the correct gear ratio. A quick check against the GPS show the speedometer being right on.

So now y’all get to help me pass the time on my break-in trip home. A half hour of driving and a half hour of parking to cool down. Maybe I’m being a sissy, but that was the shop’s recommendation so I’ll do it.

I reset my fuel mileage monitor at 5 this morning and kept a close eye on the mileage on the 2.5 hour drive to the shop. Once I’m broken in I’ll do it again and get back to y’all with the new mileage figures. Basically I was averaging 18 MPG with gentile driving this morning. For the trip home I’m keeping it at 55 or below. So far my creep-along mileage for the first half hour has been 22 MPG.

See you all in an hour....

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks to those who recommended The Rear End Shop in Riverbank, CA. It’s just over 120 miles from my house. I was there at 8 this morning and out at noon with new 4.56 gears. I chose that ratio to spin my 35” tires like a set of 4.10’s would have spun my stock tires. The 3.73’s I had were not horrible, but certainly not optimal for these tires. Prior to leaving the shop I plugged in my Procal for the correct gear ratio. A quick check against the GPS show the speedometer being right on.

So now y’all get to help me pass the time on my break-in trip home. A half hour of driving and a half hour of parking to cool down. Maybe I’m being a sissy, but that was the shop’s recommendation so I’ll do it.

I reset my fuel mileage monitor at 5 this morning and kept a close eye on the mileage on the 2.5 hour drive to the shop. Once I’m broken in I’ll do it again and get back to y’all with the new mileage figures. Basically I was averaging 18 MPG with gentile driving this morning. For the trip home I’m keeping it at 55 or below. So far my creep-along mileage for the first half hour has been 22 MPG.

do as the shop recommends and your gears will last issue free.

I run 37's on my 3.8L JKU, when I stay below 60mph, I can squeeze out 19mpg sometimes up to 21 - but where's the fun in that lol... 65-70+ when I can...avg 13.5 mpg :thumb:

wjtstudios

Hooked
do as the shop recommends and your gears will last issue free.

I run 37's on my 3.8L JKU, when I stay below 60mph, I can squeeze out 19mpg sometimes up to 21 - but where's the fun in that lol... 65-70+ when I can...avg 13.5 mpg :thumb:

What gear ratio are you running with you 37s?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug

I never had one issue with my gears from them! Awesome owner and a jeeper. Shops not much to look at but he is good!

any4xx

I never had one issue with my gears from them! Awesome owner and a jeeper. Shops not much to look at but he is good!

Yeah. My only issue is I watched the guy put my wheels back on with an impact. I’m anxious to get back home and bust them all loose and hit them with a torque wrench.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

I drove 512 miles from ORE to home straight and had no issues. Changed the fluids when I got home. Done. Still no problems at 18k miles. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

any4xx

I drove 512 miles from ORE to home straight and had no issues. Changed the fluids when I got home. Done. Still no problems at 18k miles. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Yeah... but I figure it’s only another two hours out of my life today so I can live with it. I’m home now so all is well.

any4xx

Oh... and it turns out his impact skills were pretty good. The lugs were all around 85 to 90 lbs.ft. All torqued to 95 now so I can sleep well.

Top Bottom