New JL article

bill.turner

With the release Of the new JL today motor trend has an article out this morning. Looking for thoughts. The good I saw in the article bigger brakes on the Rubicon able to run 35’s with 2 inch lift from the factory. Easy fold down windshield and improved interior. What I did not like was the start stop functioning on the engines, diesel not available till next year, Diesel only available with automatic and at least in the non-Rubicon’s a Dana 35 for the rear axle. It appears as if no factory half door options for every day use. I just quickly scan the article so I may be off a little.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I will be more interested when the diesel makes its appearance, not too impressed with the engine choices. I am curious about the 8 speed, can't wait to test drive one

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I should not have read that article. Now I want one!!!

Lot's of interesting information and even learned something about the current model. (antenna height)

Ddays

Hooked
I will be more interested when the diesel makes its appearance, not too impressed with the engine choices. I am curious about the 8 speed, can't wait to test drive one

I rented a minivan last year with the 3.6/8 speed auto & really didn't like it much. Upshifting was just fine but downshifting it didn't seem to know what gear it really wanted. It didn't seem to shift from OD/8th down one gear, it went several gears so the engine was screamin. Seemed like the shift point map needed more work. Hopefully the JL is better.

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I was disheartened to see the Dana 35 was returning.

I can't believe that about the 35. People are so used to running 35" tires on a sport nowadays, i'll be waiting to see a lot of broken rear axles in the future.

I was just talking to my wife about this. Her thought is they can keep the base price cheaper maybe. And I was thinking this may appeal to buyers who don't every plan on really modifying it (kinda like the v6 Mustang). I'm sad to see this thing come back as well.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I really hope the JL doesnt have the engine start/on/off thing. My parents Grands both have it, and while you can push a button to disable it....its the most annoying thing ever.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
In a way I’m glad to see the JL Wrangler be evolutionary instead of revolutionary. Jeep seems to have advanced the ball on some weak areas of the JK like brakes, axles and tops. Happy about that. The new diesel has my attention and I’m not usually a fan. I’m starting to get primitive stirrings again.

Ddays

Hooked
In a way I’m glad to see the JL Wrangler be evolutionary instead of revolutionary. Jeep seems to have advanced the ball on some weak areas of the JK like brakes, axles and tops. Happy about that. The new diesel has my attention and I’m not usually a fan. I’m starting to get primitive stirrings again.

The ring gears are an inch smaller in the D35 so the rear axles are actually a downgrade. Not sure if the Rubicon will stay with the D44 rear. Probably find out shortly

The upgrades to the brakes and tops look great

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I rented a minivan last year with the 3.6/8 speed auto & really didn't like it much. Upshifting was just fine but downshifting it didn't seem to know what gear it really wanted. It didn't seem to shift from OD/8th down one gear, it went several gears so the engine was screamin. Seemed like the shift point map needed more work. Hopefully the JL is better.

I expect they’ll have different shift points on the JL. The current version really does a decent job it it.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
I really hope the JL doesnt have the engine start/on/off thing. My parents Grands both have it, and while you can push a button to disable it....its the most annoying thing ever.

Agreed. If you're a mellow driver, its Ok. But if you're in traffic, for instance, where you are waiting to punch-it-and-go, that heart-beat delay can be enough to make you wait.

My suspicion, that'll be one of the first tweaks programming tools will let you change. You'll just need to decide if you want to give up the 2 MPH they're suggesting it may be worth to you.

:)

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug

There isn’t a minivan with the 3.6/8 speed. It has the 9 speed. Totally different driving experience.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom