Shopping for a JKU rubicon

ninemmbill

Been shopping for a used JKU Rubicon.

Found a 2015 with 20K miles, looks clean enough. It is out of town so I have only seen photos. I has 35" tires on 18" rims. Pics of suspension show it has a spacer lift with Zone Shocks. Looking at the Zone website, it does not look like a Zone spacer, anyone recognize what it is?

I would eventually swap out the spacer lift for a JKS Jspec 2.5 but what do you think about the Jeeps history with just the spacer lift? Anything I should be wary of?
Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 1.49.48 PM.jpg
IMG_0353.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 178

WJCO

Meme King
Is this for real? That spacer looks homemade. As far as the Zone shocks, if I were buying that Jeep, those would be the first item to go. Welcome to Wayalife.

ninemmbill

Is this for real? That spacer looks homemade. As far as the Zone shocks, if I were buying that Jeep, those would be the first item to go. Welcome to Wayalife.

I know right!

I could not attach the other pics but after looking at the other pics, this JK has the 3" Zone kit installed with a "generic" spacer on top of that.
IMG_0355.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 165

WJCO

Meme King
Honestly if the jeep is in good shape and a good price, I would buy it but plan on swapping out the lift kit.

GraniteWilly

Looks like they are Daystar 2in comfort ride front spacers, at least they are the same shape.

Also I noticed that this particular Rubi doesn’t have rock rails, although if you were gonna swap in different rails any way it’s not a problem.

14JK-U

ive seen those spacers before, as someone mentioned they're the same shape as the daystars, also theyre the same shape as a lot of no name clones sold on amazon/ebay/etc.. have you seen the front axle? can you see if it's a D44 or just one of those "rubicon mod" stickers

JKbrick

ive seen those spacers before, as someone mentioned they're the same shape as the daystars, also theyre the same shape as a lot of no name clones sold on amazon/ebay/etc.. have you seen the front axle? can you see if it's a D44 or just one of those "rubicon mod" stickers

Exactly, always look for the locker and swaybar switches, swaybar motor, front axle, and you could even check the tag on the transfer case

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

What's the price? As said, check everything works that's specific to Rubicon. And plan on swapping the lift out. Also 18" tires aren't as ubiquitous as 17". If it's a good price and never offroad, you could buy it, sell the wheels, tires, and lift and put the money towards new stuff.

ninemmbill

Thanks for all the help so far.

I will probably roll as is for a bit, but definitely plan on swapping out the suspension / tires for a better set up. It was set up for looks and street use. It is definitely a Rubicon it has the locker and swaybar switches, rubicon is stitched on the seats, etc..... The rails were swapped for something to allow a little better access since it was not wheeled. Asking price 32K.

jeeeep

Hooked
those look like Daystar spacers.

x2 on what everyone recommends to make sure it's a real rubicon.

I've been seeing more vehicles roll into our area that are cleaned up flood damage vehicles so I'd get a thorough inspection. chances are Carfax has not caught up with identifying all the cars.

There's an outfit I've used a few times to do repairs I haven't had time for called My Mechanic, they also do mechanical inspections - I think they're pretty much everywhere.

They were priced right for the work I've had them do.

Look them up, it would be worth peace of mind to make sure you're getting a good deal

Top Bottom