TIPM? Ground? Headlight Harness? Please Help?

BerserkerJK

So here we go, another new member posting a thread asking for help. lol Look guys I have spent hours searching online for a similar problem of mine and I'm having no luck. I'm desperate here.

So I've recently installed JW Speaker Evolution J2 Headlights and they have been working great for a few months, now all of the sudden my passenger headlight is intermittently shutting off. I honk the horn and it comes back on. I'm throwing a couple codes, B1630 & B1638 with is high circuit for low and high beams. :doh: I have checked all fuses, and I have reset my TIPM, but even resetting that, and clearing the codes It doesn't fix it, even right after turning it back on. I'm leaning towards the multifunction switch or possible clock spring issue. I've purchased some connector cleaner and di-electric grease to check all the grounds and connections to the TIPM and Headlight harness which I'll tackle tomorrow. I was also thinking possible issue with the Alarm, its the only thing I can think of that connects the horn and headlight.

If anyone has any input on this weird issue I'm all ears. I was thinking the TIPM because its very similar to a lot of complaints, but their issue resolves when they reset it for at least a couple minutes.

BerserkerJK

swap lights side to side and see what happens.

Hey Jeff, so I cleaned all the grounds and connections to the headlights and added some Dielectric grease. Reassembled and the passenger side was still out. Took your advice and switched the lights and now both are on. I don't know if its a faulty connection or what, but I'm gonna leave it and drive around for a bit and see if I find any faults. Thank you for your advice. Fingers crossed thats thats the issue.

Sahara_Maverick

I have different intermittent issues related to the TIPM (I have another threat on the topic) and the issue seems to go away for some time after rebooting it.

That's the Jeep's Achilles' heel. There's no preventive maintenance we can do and depending on how and when it fails it can be deadly.

It's actually making me considering changing to a different vehicle. I love my Jeep but cannot have something like that.

Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom