Lift questions

Freebyrd1972

I’m going to be doing a lift, Hopefully soon.

I been looking, and it seems like coilover is the best way to go but my wife is a cheap bastard, and I’m wondering if I can do it with non coilovers.

I go to the sand dunes and want to be able to take the whoops at a fast speed. With stock Rubicon shocks it really hit’s hard.

Also when going up test hill at Silver lake sand dunes, The issues I have is, you start off up a small hill then you go down and up a steep hill at the bottom of the two hills it ends up getting a hole/bump there and when the jeep hit’s it, as I did this year really hard it broke a shock and sent my jeep flying lol, that was fun, but not lol.

I do Rock and mudding, but not as much.

I would like the options of doing 35/37’s

I was thinking about the Mopar 4" lift but don't want to waist money if it won't take the whoops.

Is there a cheap coilover out there for around 2k (wishful thinking :) )

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King

I been looking, and it seems like coilover is the best way to go but my wife is a cheap bastard, and I’m wondering if I can do it with non coilovers.

I go to the sand dunes and want to be able to take the whoops at a fast speed. With stock Rubicon shocks it really hit’s hard.

Also when going up test hill at Silver lake sand dunes, The issues I have is, you start off up a small hill then you go down and up a steep hill at the bottom of the two hills it ends up getting a hole/bump there and when the jeep hit’s it, as I did this year really hard it broke a shock and sent my jeep flying lol, that was fun, but not lol.

I was thinking about the Mopar 4" lift but don't want to waist money if it won't take the whoops.

You get what you pay for just like most things in life. And if I called my wife a 'cheap bastard,' I'm not so sure she would be onboard with my Jeep mods either. Good luck with the build.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You get what you pay for just like most things in life. And if I called my wife a 'cheap bastard,' I'm not so sure she would be onboard with my Jeep mods either. Good luck with the build.

Agreed to all!:thumb:

Freebyrd1972

So the Mopar 4" lift won't take whoops at say 30mph

catahoula

Caught the Bug
If you want an "alright" set up check out the video of Eddie going over some whoop-de-doos in Moby. It coast a "little" coin but worth it!

boardsurfer

Either slow down or keep saving. The Evo bolt on c/o kit will set you back about 3700. If you want to do it right​, the Double Throwdown is the only way to go.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Whoops.... just put your foot in it!... you gotta get on top of em! Just don’t lift, cuz then your f’d. Lol... I’ll be installing a 3” Evo Enforcer with Evo Spec Kings... I try to frequent Glamis Sand Dunes. Should be plenty for myself... but I’m not trying to race. I’ve been through the whoops at 80mph in high dollar coilover rigs and 30mph in beeter rigs. Both are fun in different ways. All comes down to budget.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Look at it realistically. I would love to put the best on mine. If it is just a daily driver with a few trips it does not make sense to me. I use mine to explore, drive on service and logging roads. Suits my purpose.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

A divorce will cost a hell of a lot more than coil overs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
A divorce will cost a hell of a lot more than coil overs.

Maybe up front but in the long run I'd have more money to put into the Jeep :)

Now hold on Freebyrd before you go out and get a divorce to afford the Double Throw Down system. Let's be realistic. The DTD is not for everyone. I saved up for about 5 years and researched a ton prior to going to this system. I have no regrets, but then I spent about $45k getting my system right. My wife loves the Jeep and we make it a family thing.

I would recommend that you involve her more in the idea of going off roading and explain how it all benefits her. We have two small children and they can't hike very far, so we use the Jeep to get out there. We absolutely love it... as a family. Once you explain there is outdoor adventures, then suddenly this is not your toy but both of yours toy. Remember, you always have to get final approval from the war department for any upgrades to the Jeep. At least, that is how my marriage works. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck!

TrailHunter

Hooked
I would recommend that you involve her more in the idea of going off roading and explain how it all benefits her. We have two small children and they can't hike very far, so we use the Jeep to get out there. We absolutely love it... as a family. Once you explain there is outdoor adventures, then suddenly this is not your toy but both of yours toy. Remember, you always have to get final approval from the war department for any upgrades to the Jeep. At least, that is how my marriage works. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck!

^^^ This! 100%

Bear_JT

Hooked
Maybe up front but in the long run I'd have more money to put into the Jeep :)

Not if you live in a community property state. She might just take the Jeep with her if you take that route. Might be better to take the bypass and include her like the others have said and gain voluntary compliance. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Freebyrd1972

It's not a cheap game. The Mopar lift isnt terrible (it has served me quite well), there's just a good chance it wont fill the duty you're looking for.

And that is my dilemma, do I spend $2300 on mopar or $3600 on the cheapest evo + Driveshafts and bumpstops seems I'm going be in the 4 to 5k range after all is said and done.

Freebyrd1972

Now hold on Freebyrd before you go out and get a divorce to afford the Double Throw Down system. Let's be realistic. The DTD is not for everyone. I saved up for about 5 years and researched a ton prior to going to this system. I have no regrets, but then I spent about $45k getting my system right. My wife loves the Jeep and we make it a family thing.

Good luck!

lol, Yeah we do the offroad thing pretty much together, I do have some bonus money I can spend, She's the one that told me to go buy the jeep so there's that :)

Top Bottom