Waving from California Central Coast

Rhampson3

Hello. My name is Robert. I live in the Monterey Bay area of California. I grew up wheeling in my dad's '79 CJ-5. In high school the Jeep was my daily driver. I live in a rural mountain area so a few days a week we would go wheeling after school instead of studying (my dad never new but he would have had a stroke).

After all these years I was finally in a position to by my own jeep. In October I purchased a 2017 JKU Rubicon. It has become one of the strangest obsessions I've ever had. It cost a fortune and gets horrible gas mileage yet I can't drive it without a smile on my face. I actually take the long way on "honey do" runs because I can stay in the Jeep longer.

I have a 3 1/2" RE lift with 35's, Smitttybilt XRC Gen-2 bumpers and a few other little things. I thought I was pretty much done until I started watching Eddie's videos. Now I want EVO coil overs, Dana 60's and 40 bead locks.

Several buddies at work have jeeps and go to the Shaver lake and Rubicon areas several times a year. I'll be joining them next summer.

Last edited:

Rhampson3

Oh, here's my Jeep. (Before I replaced the sliders)

Attachments

• IMG_3456.jpg
    IMG_3456.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3468.jpg
    IMG_3468.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 46
Robert, welcome to the party brotha. I’ve seen your rig around a few times. If you ever see the Anvil rubicon with a blue wayalife windshield banner it’s me.

SJCJK

Welcome, from Just north of you! Your story is about the same as mine. Love my Jeep. And WAYALIFE
:clap2:

Top Bottom