Off Road Shop near Baltimore MD - Specifically around the Baltimore County area

area13

Anyone know of a good off-road shop in the Baltimore area? Please don't offer Adam's Jeep of Aberdeen - they have screwed me too many times.
I need a good reputable place. I need someone to align my adjustable control arms after I install them. I may just have them install them if they don't charge a fortune.
Thanks,
Jeff

Ddays

Hooked
Anyone know of a good off-road shop in the Baltimore area? Please don't offer Adam's Jeep of Aberdeen - they have screwed me too many times.
I need a good reputable place. I need someone to align my adjustable control arms after I install them. I may just have them install them if they don't charge a fortune.
Thanks,
Jeff

Do it yourself and save your money. If you can install the arms yourself you can also set your alignment:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

At worst you don't need an off-road shop to do this. Any capable garage should be able to handle it. :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
I’m double dipping here as I replace a oil pump on an 76 el Camino so leave me alone lol

:cheesy: Multitasking - I'm impressed!

Edit: I'm actually surprised we both beat WJCO to this - he's like fucking Wyatt Earp with these links :D

Last edited:

area13

Do it yourself and save your money. If you can install the arms yourself you can also set your alignment:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

At worst you don't need an off-road shop to do this. Any capable garage should be able to handle it. :thumb:

I have the tools to do it myself - but my worry lies in the caster and alignment. I once took my jeep (a LOOONG time ago), to Monroe, when I was a noobie and had them align the wheels after I installed the tie rod. Not sure what the incompetent boob did, but I had extreme tire wear and had to get 2 new front tires and took jeep to Adams... to get fixed. But I have had a lot of issue with them so they are a no go.
Jeff

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
I have the tools to do it myself - but my worry lies in the caster and alignment. I once took my jeep (a LOOONG time ago), to Monroe, when I was a noobie and had them align the wheels after I installed the tie rod. Not sure what the incompetent boob did, but I had extreme tire wear and had to get 2 new front tires and took jeep to Adams... to get fixed. But I have had a lot of issue with them so they are a no go.
Jeff

Those instructions allow you to set both your Caster and your Toe.

Ddays

Hooked
I just don't trust myself and would like a professional to do it.

Your experience with professionals so far has sucked - why not try to do it yourself? Seriously, I get it that its an important thing to have done, but who can you trust to do it more than yourself? At worst, give it a shot and have your settings verified by a trustworthy shop? It looks much more intimidating than it really is.

GraniteCrystal

Your experience with professionals so far has sucked - why not try to do it yourself? Seriously, I get it that its an important thing to have done, but who can you trust to do it more than yourself? At worst, give it a shot and have your settings verified by a trustworthy shop? It looks much more intimidating than it really is.
This........

area13

I will give some thought to that. My issue I had at Adams was I had installed everything on the front end myself and took it to them for the toe in/out after installing the Tie Rod. Something else happened and it was winter, and didn't feel like dealing with the issue so I took it back to them.
They said the elastomer in the my Rock krawler track bar was worn, so I asked them to replace it (which I did myself about a year prior), only those bastards threw out my rock Krawler and installed something else. Now that affected my fox 2.0 steering stabilizer (which I had to take it back to them and fix - half assed - it now hangs lower than my Tie Rod). Anyway I wrote them a 2 page letter and never heard anything back from them - bunch of scam artist.
Since then I do just about everything myself - ball joints, bumpers, brakes, lift kit, and bunch of other things --- but sometimes during the process I end up in a fetal position wondering what I got myself into --- bolt issues, etc....
Anyway - just ordered synergy drag link and flip kit so that will be fixed - winter is coming and within the next two weeks I plan on getting the MetaCloak Control arms.... Getting too old to be working on the driveway in the cold - which is another factor why I want someone else to do some of the work.
I think I found someone from Metacloaks website seems reputable in Glen Burnie. Not too terribly far from me.
Jeff

Last edited:
Top Bottom