Axle Shafts

TrailHunter

Hooked
How much time did you spend Yanking on your shaft? Maybe it just needs to be Yanked harder? What about Beating on it first a little.. to loosen it up, then a good Yank....

Mine was a bitch to get out too. Just keep pulling sand wiggling. Be prepared you might hit a wall or fall on your ass.

BaddestCross

Is there anything in the carrier that could be locking the stock shaft in I have pulled and pulled and it will not budge

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Nothing. As already mentioned, a slide hammer will help. A brass hammer will help. There has been a few post threads with folks having a hard time but they will come out.

Did I say get a bigger hammer?

It may be easier to pull the whole rotor assembly the first time as they do get some rust buildup... If you leave the rotor on, you can use it to pry against.

Also, get a bigger hammer. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Try turning it slightly while pulling it through the knuckle. The yoke gets caught on the round hole in the knuckle being that the stub shaft yoke and the axle shaft yoke twist.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Got the bastard those things are in there good a sliding hammer wouldn't even get it, i had to literally go ape shit on it, now time for the ball joints and then my new axle shafts.
If you thought the axle shafts were bad wait until you try the ball joints... Just when you think you're at the point of breaking the press you're about half-way to breaking them loose. 😂😂

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

WJCO

Meme King
PB blaster the shit out of the ball joints ahead of time. Another tip that has helped me is once the ball joint is under the stress of the press, smack the C with a hammer. Turn the press more, then smack the C again. Repeat until ball joint is out.

Top Bottom