Brake Hose Stress

GraniteWilly

Hi All,

I installed new shocks last night, simple enough.

That said, I made a rookie mistake and lowered my front axle with the shock disconnected only to find I had put a good amount of pressure on the brake hose and ABS line. I realized it immediately and raised it back up, but now I’m a bit nervous that it could have done some damage to the hose that isn’t immediately visible.

Brakes seem to work perfectly fine and everything looks good, just wanted to see what you thought. Is there reason for concern?

Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
If you're that worried, replace it for piece of mind.

Years ago, I worked at a shop where all we did was lift kits and leaf spring repair. Many times an axle would get away from us or lower more than than we wanted and leave the brake line tight. I recall one snapping which we replaced. And I remember one other that blistered or tore which we also replaced. All of the other ones, we did as you did and jacked up the axle to relieve pressure and had no issues nor heard anything of it.

Also, if it was tight enough to do damage to your abs line, you would have a light on your dash.

GraniteWilly

Thanks for the insight.

As I was finishing up my bump stops today I took another look now that I’ve driven it a bit and everything looks good. I’m sure it’s fine, I’ll just keep an eye on it at my next tire rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom