Misfire issue back again

Well it didn’t last long but my misfire issue is back again, last time I replaced the plugs and the wires and the dealership replaced the PCU and it fixed it for a bit but over the last couple of weeks it’ll misfire when it’s cold then once warm it’ll run fine. But as of recent it started misfiring no matter what, I tried the key trick to get the code but it isn’t popping a code and I can’t seem to find my scanner. A bit stumped as to what it could be.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
check your engine to body ground cables, the engine needs to be properly grounded.

have you started it in total darkness? have someone start the engine while you watch for any arcing - much easier to see in total darkness.

pull the wire off each plug and look for any cracked plugs, also add some dielectric grease to the inner side of the boot (not on the connector)

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
When mine misfired it had codes, had it checked, key trick didn't show anything. But it ended up just being plugs and wires. But it did show an EGR valve code to. Maybe that may be dirty? Or bad?

jeeeep

Hooked
When mine misfired it had codes, had it checked, key trick didn't show anything. But it ended up just being plugs and wires. But it did show an EGR valve code to. Maybe that may be dirty? Or bad?

forgot about the EGR valve, that will also cause misfire, it's inexpensive and easy to replace

Judesign

Caught the Bug
There’s honestly so many reasons that could cause this from vacuum leaks, to ignition coils, to fuel injectors, to oxygen sensors etc...
if it were me (and it has been before) I would start with scanning it. A good scan tool will give you direction such as
- is it all cylinders misfiring or just one? Or just one side of the engine?
- are my o2 sensors failing?
- is my fuel trim indicating a vacuum leak?
Etc etc ...
Then at least you’re not throwing parts at it.

Well I scanned it, cylinder 3/6 injector circuit open/cylinder 3/6 misfire. Pulled the battery and the wires from the coil/spark plugs and applied some dialectic grease, seemed to help. Cleared the codes and they haven’t popped up again so we shall see.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
An open circuit is usually a break in a wire somewhere which would cause your fuel injector to misfire. I would focus on cylinder threes wiring and see if you can spot any obvious chaffing

Top Bottom