Want to overland? They will cut a hole for you!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Just saw this video, apparently you can order your rig with a snorkel from the factory and they will cut the hole for you! (1:20)

Wow. They’re really going after the parts market. Smart move,but I wonder how much will hurt the aftermarket industry. Or will only mall crawlers get the dealer stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Companies like AEV took a lot of money from them, and they realize it. They are smart for going after the aftermarket pie, hell, some wrangler owners essentially spend another wrangler worth of money on parts, except now they can finance them. They would have been smart to make Dana60s an option. A lot of people would have ticked that box.

Recurve

It's a smart move. Motorcycle manufacturers are doing the same thing. They realize people upgrade mirrors,seats,tail-lights, turns, exhaust,etc. triumph has over 160 aftermarket accessories for my street scrambler.
Also I agree, if JL had a option for a axel package, would be pretty cool factory option.

JAGS

Hooked
Wonder if the factory warranty will cover all these parts....better than they did the mopar cold air intake??

Covered with mopar lift, not with others? 35s but not 37s? Etc.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Wonder if the factory warranty will cover all these parts....better than they did the mopar cold air intake??

Covered with mopar lift, not with others? 35s but not 37s? Etc.

Legally speaking, cover what? They can cover the cold air intake, but if you do something stupid, like submerge and suck up water, that's negligence, like leaving your top off during a typhoon. IM certain if the intake breaks, cracks, etc, they will replace it under warranty, but if you suck up mud, you're SOL.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ Mopar Performance parts are not covered by the factory warranty, neither is damage to OEM parts caused by those Mopar Performance parts. Factory warranties only cover the vehicle in the condition it was when it left the assembly line. This is true even if the Mopar Performance parts are installed by a dealership.

You should read the thread about dust in the engine as a cause of failure. Dust that existed because of the Mopar Performance Cold Air Intake. No sucking up mud by submerging the vehicle involved.

WJCO

Meme King
Legally speaking, cover what? They can cover the cold air intake, but if you do something stupid, like submerge and suck up water, that's negligence, like leaving your top off during a typhoon. IM certain if the intake breaks, cracks, etc, they will replace it under warranty, but if you suck up mud, you're SOL.

I believe what JAGS was asking about is if they will ACTUALLY deny a claim strictly because of the installed modification. In the past, regardless if you buy a MOPAR intake or buy it from a dealer, the factory warranty states nowhere that modifications are covered and they do and have denied claims because of it. Hopefully the JL will be different, but if it's not in writing, I'm not trusting it.

EDIT: Sharkey beat me to it.

trailraider

i guess warranty will depend on what FCA gives for part #'s. they have three designations this determines warranty coverage. "P5" #s = 0 warranty "PW" #'s = 12 month warranty and the "77"'s is the basic warranty

JAGS

Hooked

^^ Mopar Performance parts are not covered by the factory warranty, neither is damage to OEM parts caused by those Mopar Performance parts. Factory warranties only cover the vehicle in the condition it was when it left the assembly line. This is true even if the Mopar Performance parts are installed by a dealership.

You should read the thread about dust in the engine as a cause of failure. Dust that existed because of the Mopar Performance Cold Air Intake. No sucking up mud by submerging the vehicle involved.

I believe what JAGS was asking about is if they will ACTUALLY deny a claim strictly because of the installed modification. In the past, regardless if you buy a MOPAR intake or buy it from a dealer, the factory warranty states nowhere that modifications are covered and they do and have denied claims because of it. Hopefully the JL will be different, but if it's not in writing, I'm not trusting it.

EDIT: Sharkey beat me to it.

Yup, what sharkey and WJCO said. It was a somewhat rhetorical question as I wouldn't think anything was covered.

But, many out there will likely never know this fact and won't be accessing forums till it might be too late.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Wow. They’re really going after the parts market. Smart move,but I wonder how much will hurt the aftermarket industry. Or will only mall crawlers get the dealer stuff?

Usually the factory just does a deal with the aftermarket to make them a supplier of a genuine accessory version of the part and give them access to engineering drawings, vehicles etc to help them develop them. Think terraflex and the HD hinge which is now available from mopar.

bill.turner

I had a buddy with a brand new 1997 TJ sport that snapped a transfer case rear output shaft at wellsville Ohio with 31’s and the factory limited slip. Jeep said they wouldn’t cover it as he had “abused” it off-roading. It was only his third time off road. He fought it and they voided his entire warranty. Last new Jeep he bought.

Top Bottom