Proper Brake Hose Slack

GraniteWilly

I just finished up installing Fox 2.0 Shocks for 1.5-3.5” lift height. With the new extended length, I needed to extend my brake lines to keep them from stretching at full droop.

That said, with the JKS relocation brackets installed, the lines in the front still straighten out at full extension. I can wiggle the hoses side to side a good inch or two so it’s not like they are taut, but I’m not sure how much slack there really should be to be safe.

1. Am I ok if the brake lines are straight but not stretching?

2. Does anyone have a photo of stock rubicon front brake hoses at full droop for comparison?

J

JKDream

You know, I didn’t. But I came across that today and it seems like an easy option.

I’ve also considered slightly bending the hardline at the top of the hose to point down a bit more which would also give me all the slack I need (per JKS instructions).
Either should work. I'm running the much longer 4-6 shocks and have no problems with my front lines after removing that bracket.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteWilly

So in the meantime, are straight lines at full droop ok as long as there isn’t tension?

As it sits now, if I let it droop completely the line still has play if I try to move it around, it just appears straight. It seems to me that if it can’t physically go any lower, it’s probably ok.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom