Trans cooler gasket line leak

fiend

Caught the Bug
Seems like a ton of money for a simple fix. I’d take it elsewhere for a second opinion.

Eloucha

Do your own research, but in about a minute, I was able to pull up that part (assuming it is the same) for 100 bucks. I am not sure the cost of labor and fluid though.

https://www.moparpartswebstore.com/...re-And-Return-Jumper/42450787/68143893AA.html

View attachment 284925

That line leak from under the gasket nothing wrong with the line plus dealer said I need to change hole line to the back didn’t make sense for me and they want charge me 2hrs and half for labor 115$ I understand is fair for them but what I did I order all the parts and ATF 4 and I go some where else to change it done. They want to rip me off I feel it bc the other day I was there and they put me code in ecu for head lights but it still flick I went back and told them to fix it and tech told me the have to put it again in system main and do a flash for all ecu and now no more flicker and I refuse to pay them again bc they made me come back to fix it an I told them I have to take day off from work to come here. U make me lose coming back and my time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
If the true labor time is 3.5 hours, I can see where they eventually came up with that original price. But like you said, you can probably do it cheaper elsewhere or do it yourself.

Eloucha

If the true labor time is 3.5 hours, I can see where they eventually came up with that original price. But like you said, you can probably do it cheaper elsewhere or do it yourself.

From ur experience do u think I need to change the hole line or just the first part as u see line look like 2 parts

WJCO

Meme King
From ur experience do u think I need to change the hole line or just the first part as u see line look like 2 parts

I don't think I've seen one of those gaskets leak before. So I would clean it off real good and make sure that is indeed what is leaking. If that's it and it were my Jeep, I would just replace the gasket (even if it only comes with that whole line assy). There may even be a bolt holding the line assy against the gasket that came loose. Pretty rare to have a leak in that area. It's more common for something to have rubbed a hole through the line from improper routing, or something bent during a collision. Have you ever had work done in this area of the vehicle? How many miles on the Jeep ?

Eloucha

I don't think I've seen one of those gaskets leak before. So I would clean it off real good and make sure that is indeed what is leaking. If that's it and it were my Jeep, I would just replace the gasket (even if it only comes with that whole line assy). There may even be a bolt holding the line assy against the gasket that came loose. Pretty rare to have a leak in that area. It's more common for something to have rubbed a hole through the line from improper routing, or something bent during a collision. Have you ever had work done in this area of the vehicle? How many miles on the Jeep ?

41000 yes we put new grill on it and had small hit broke the grill. I am kind like u wondering why I need to change hole line I made sure is tight but still leak. I was asking parts guy if i can buy only ring or gasket. He look very good on computer and told me u need to buy hole tube. Is 2 parts the tube and he told me as tech. Want u to change all lines

Last edited:

Eloucha

Problem fixed. It got new tube I use the washer on my old one it work great. No leak any more. I test it. Well done.

Top Bottom