Sway bar issue won’t turn off

Dmac08JK

I’ve got a issue with my sway bar is flashing and won’t turn off I went threw a little puddle when mudding. I’ve got a 08 rubicon, I’ve heard that the sway bar isn’t fully water proof is that true or fake news.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I’ve got a issue with my sway bar is flashing and won’t turn off I went threw a little puddle when mudding. I’ve got a 08 rubicon, I’ve heard that the sway bar isn’t fully water proof is that true or fake news.
Thanks

Possibly... Also check to make sure the plug is dry and making good connection.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pull the large plug off the sway bar disconnect motor and dry it out. Put some dielectric grease on the connector and reinstall. That should help if it isn’t fried.

SSRuger

I had remove my sway bar motor with less than 4000 miles on my Rubicon cause it would flashing whenever the ambient temperature went above 89 degrees. I just got the EVO manual sway bar disco and didn't have anymore issues with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
I’m gunna upgrade to a better sway bar soon. Thanks for the help.

A better sway bar? The Rubi sway bar works great!

There is nothing wrong with the stock one you have. You'll see many still running it. When the motor goes simply add the EVO no limits to it and you're good to go.

^ yup, this.

The sway bar motor could be bad. The harness could have fried. The switch could have fried. All the above can be fixed with the EVO unit.

Dmac08JK

A better sway bar? The Rubi sway bar works great!

^ yup, this.

The sway bar motor could be bad. The harness could have fried. The switch could have fried. All the above can be fixed with the EVO unit.

Thanks for the help y’all have been awesome help. I’m still a rookie just learning how to fix my rubicon myself and it’s awesome that WAYALIFE is there to help me out with my issues and questions.

Thanks for the help WAYALIFERS [emoji1365]

DMF

Reviving an old thread:

Can I just smear some dielectric grease on the connector? Or does the grease have to go on a certain way?

Top Bottom