Tie rod & axle shaft suggestions?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
After I broke my axle shaft and sheared my tie rod a couple weeks ago I am going to be obviously buying a better tie rod set up and axle shaft and looking for input...

For my tie rod I’m looking at CavFab or RPM fab:
CavFab: 1.5”x.25” DOM with 1ton TRE, comes with matching drag link. Also no questions asked warranty. $480

RPMFab: T7075 1.5” solid aluminum, 1ton offset TRE. Limited warranty. Matching drag link. $699

Axle shafts I’m looking at Carbon Offroad. They run 1350 joints, and were supposedly the founders of 10factory if I understand correctly.

If anyone has options that are better and around these price points I’m open. I really don’t want to spend 700 on my steering but I do really like their setup

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tdougherty81

After I broke my axle shaft and sheared my tie rod a couple weeks ago I am going to be obviously buying a better tie rod set up and axle shaft and looking for input...

CavFab: 1.5”x.25” DOM with 1ton TRE, comes with matching drag link. Also no questions asked warranty. $480

RPMFab: T7075 1.5” solid aluminum, 1ton offset TRE. Limited warranty. Matching drag link. $699

Axle shafts I’m looking at Carbon Offroad. They run 1350 joints, and were supposedly the founders of 10factory if I understand correctly.

If anyone has options that are better and around these price points I’m open. I really don’t want to spend 700 on my steering but I do really like their setup

I'm running the WFO Tie Rod I got from Exodus Jeeps. It has taken a beating.

2" x .250 wall DOM
Fab Series Offset Forged tie rod ends with replaceable cartridges

20170530_190618.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Founders of Ten Factory? And the founders of them were Alloy USA and the founders of them was Superior Axle. :crazyeyes:

Not sure where you got your information from to bring you to these conclusions but it sounds like you've been some kind of homework. Why not just go with what you're thinking about? :idontknow:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
LOL!! Founders of Ten Factory? And the founders of them were Alloy USA and the founders of them was Superior Axle. :crazyeyes:

Not sure where you got your information from to bring you to these conclusions but it sounds like you've been some kind of homework. Why not just go with what you're thinking about? :idontknow:

They also said they started those companies as well and this is their newest venture. I’m actually convinced on their shafts but I figured since I was asking about tie rods I might as well see if someone had a better suggestions or knows something I don’t on the axle shafts.

WJCO

Meme King
They also said they started those companies as well and this is their newest venture. I’m actually convinced on their shafts but I figured since I was asking about tie rods I might as well see if someone had a better suggestions or knows something I don’t on the axle shafts.

I couldn't find anywhere on their website that the axles were made in the USA. If I were upgrading to Chromoly shafts, I would want that. I did find that Revolution makes some and it does say on their website that they are made in the USA.

WJCO

Meme King
According to their salesman they are made at their shop in Cali. It is odd that they don’t use that to their advantage though...

That's what I mean. Nearly all USA part manufacturers claim that with pride when it's true. Also, the Carbon ones are quite a bit cheaper than Revolutions. Dynatrac offers some that are about the same price as Revolutions too, but they won't fit a factory JK44 Rubicon axle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

First off, Mike Denton started Superior Axle and I haven't seen him around in a long time. Second, if you make such a great product, I would think you'd want to capitalize on the fact that you've been doing it for a long time at the same company rather than starting new ones with different names. But, being that you've been sold on them, you should get them. As far as tie-rods go, clearly someone sold you on those as well and you should go with them too. :yup:

According to their salesman they are made at their shop in Cali. It is odd that they don’t use that to their advantage though...

Ask to see the "MADE IN USA" stamp on the shafts. EVERY company that manufacturers goods in the USA will have it as it's a point of pride and a selling point. Companies who don't manufacture products in the USA cannot put this on their products. The most they can say is how they are "designed" or "packaged" or "assembled" in the USA and that is NOT the same thing.

Exodus 4x4

The most I’ve ever seen of Carbon off road is just Facebook ads. I have yet to see them or meet someone using them. For the amount of money you’re talking about spending I would definitely put it towards a company like Revolution.

As far as tie-rods go I have personally run and know a few guys that run the WFO tie rod, which is why I choose to sell it. It’s larger than the one you mentioned and cost the same.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As far as tie-rods go I have personally run and know a few guys that run the WFO tie rod, which is why I choose to sell it. It’s larger than the one you mentioned and cost the same.

That's good to hear. I've always recommended Currie as they've always done well for me but the WFO looks pretty stout too. If you can honestly say they're holding up well for you, I'll try to direct more people your way for one.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
First off, Mike Denton started Superior Axle and I haven't seen him around in a long time. Second, if you make such a great product, I would think you'd want to capitalize on the fact that you've been doing it for a long time at the same company rather than starting new ones with different names. But, being that you've been sold on them, you should get them. As far as tie-rods go, clearly someone sold you on those as well and you should go with them too. :yup:

Ask to see the "MADE IN USA" stamp on the shafts. EVERY company that manufacturers goods in the USA will have it as it's a point of pride and a selling point. Companies who don't manufacture products in the USA cannot put this on their products. The most they can say is how they are "designed" or "packaged" or "assembled" in the USA and that is NOT the same thing.

I am looking into the revolution shafts now. Like I said I was looking to get some more input before I pull the trigger because I am looking at a good chunk of money and want to make sure someone hasn’t sold me on something that is junk. The information that Im giving is just what I’ve been given and I cannot personally verify that it is correct or not. As for tie rods go I am looking at 2 different set ups (now 3 including WFO) and don’t know which, if either, I should go with. I know there are a ton of people here that have plenty more experience with I do on these things and I would hope they would lend a hand in my decision.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking into the revolution shafts now. Like I said I was looking to get some more input before I pull the trigger because I am looking at a good chunk of money and want to make sure someone hasn’t sold me on something that is junk. The information that Im giving is just what I’ve been given and I cannot personally verify that it is correct or not. As for tie rods go I am looking at 2 different set ups (now 3 including WFO) and don’t know which, if either, I should go with. I know there are a ton of people here that have plenty more experience with I do on these things and I would hope they would lend a hand in my decision.

Revolution shafts are a safe bet and one I would run if I were still running factory axles. As far as tie-rods go, I've run a few in the past and was happiest with Currie. If Exodus recommends WFO, I would definitely consider them as well.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Revolution shafts are a safe bet and one I would run if I were still running factory axles. As far as tie-rods go, I've run a few in the past and was happiest with Currie. If Exodus recommends WFO, I would definitely consider them as well.

I talked to Exodus just a few minutes ago and the WFO is definitely on my short list now with cavfab off of it. I also like the idea of Revolution being that I already run their gears as well and for sure made in USA

wjtstudios

Hooked

The revolution shafts are great and they stand behind them including a bent flange. Fusion 4x4 is another company to look at for tie rods. They are extremely well built.

JAGS

Hooked
I can attest first hand to revolution standing behind their product. I had a bent flange and they worked through the shop I purchased to replace no questions asked. To me that is more important than any website or lip service.

Slimebones

I personally have run the Revolution shafts (front and rear) all summer and had the fronts out recently to inspect on an issue with noise in front axle. No apparent wear visible. Very pleased. Would definitely recommend.

WJCO

Meme King
I personally have run the Revolution shafts (front and rear) all summer and had the fronts out recently to inspect on an issue with noise in front axle. No apparent wear visible. Very pleased. Would definitely recommend.

^ And I've seen this guy wheel many times this summer. Always takes the hard line. :rock:

Slimebones

^ And I've seen this guy wheel many times this summer. Always takes the hard line. :rock:

Just testing my limits of what this Jeep will do. Have come close to tipping over a few times (aka: winching). Pucker factor!! Relatively new to this Jeeping thing and enjoying every minute! But these axle shafts have held up to some pretty good stress.

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

That's good to hear. I've always recommended Currie as they've always done well for me but the WFO looks pretty stout too. If you can honestly say they're holding up well for you, I'll try to direct more people your way for one.

Thanks Eddie. Dwiggles went to the trouble of figuring out if the WFO’s extreme duty tie rod was stronger than Curries extreme duty tie rod and the WFO came out ahead. I have seen them take abuse against granite without deformation and haven’t had any complaints about performance.

That being said, I’m sure they’ll bend just like ANY tie rod will when they take a solid hit and the only true way to alleviate bent tie rods isn’t with your pocket book, but by wheeling smart.

Top Bottom