Teraflex 3 inch lift with flex arm

erik932

Hey guys I just ordered the this new lift and wanted to know if anyone here has the same lift kit and what your feedback is on it? Other than the exhaust spacer kit is there any thing this kit really needs?
Mpn#1256200. Thanks! IMG_0213.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

Seriously OP, take a stroll through the Enforcer thread. Good stuff in that thread. There’s so many better things to spend your money on than Tera-break parts.

GraniteCrystal

Ha. Probably not the replies you were looking for but possibly the replies you need. I'd do some more research and you'll probably end up picking a different lift. The Evo Enforcer is great, a number of us also the the JKS JSpec without issue. Good luck.

And yes, Extreme Terrain has a history of infringing on Eddie's work. I'd go with a different company.

Ddays

Hooked
Hey guys I just ordered the this new lift and wanted to know if anyone here has the same lift kit and what your feedback is on it? Other than the exhaust spacer kit is there any thing this kit really needs?
Mpn#1256200. Thanks! View attachment 285148

:cheesy: Hoo boy, Teraflex and Extreme terrain, a daily double of bad news. In addition to the comments above, I would suggest you look at a lift that has Johnny Joint ends on the arms. Everyone suggests EVO here because their shit flat out works. Outsiders will say we're all a bunch of fanboys, but I challenge you to find a bad review of their stuff or someone claiming that its poor quality. It 'aint gonna happen. Good luck with your choice.

It’s tempting to buy an inexpensive full kit like Teraflex, but you get what you pay for. I’d suggest doing some research and finding something that doesn’t get terrible reviews over and over again. Like everyone said above EVO makes awesome/strong stuff.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've installed and tested both this kit and actually ran the 4" version on my JK way back in the day. As others have said, if it's not too late to cancel your order, I would. Aside from giving you way too much lift, the ride is about the harshest I've felt of all the lifts I've personally tested and ran and the control arm joint have a tendency to blow out and pretty much right from the first run you do.

If you're determined to keep it or can't cancel your order, here's a write-up that I did of my kit that should help you get it installed.
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...rangler-4-flex-arm-lift-installation-write-up

Rubicon310

I actually run this lift and as others have mentioned, it will give you more than 3 inches of lift.

I run the Alpine Arms, not the Arms In the picture. I had a problem in the beginning with instructions. They are very confusing, not very clear and after calling them, the answers I was looking for were not straightforward.

I have 15k miles on this lift and haven’t broken anything. I also DO NOT Wheel it hard like others. The suspension is stiffer than the factory Rubicon suspension. Doesn’t flex as much as other jeeps I’ve seen on Instagram. I got about 4 1/4 inch of total lift before bumpers and winch. Teraflex claimed it would “settle”, that wasn’t the case. I took adding a couple hundred pounds of bumpers and winch to bring it down 1/2 inch.

If I would of done more research before buying it, I would of gone with a lift a little softer although it’s not terribly hard but stiffer than factory.

Good luck with your install.

black pearl

Hooked
I have 15k miles on this lift and haven’t broken anything. I also DO NOT Wheel it hard like others. The suspension is stiffer than the factory Rubicon suspension. Doesn’t flex as much as other jeeps I’ve seen on Instagram. I got about 4 1/4 inch of total lift before bumpers and winch. Teraflex claimed it would “settle”, that wasn’t the case. I took adding a couple hundred pounds of bumpers and winch to bring it down 1/2 inch.

I bought one of their kits before I knew better, and have been replacing with better quality. So yeah, Im ending up buying two lifts.
I had a slightly different experience, with their product. I had a 2 1/2 that gave me 3 1/2. Within a year of wheeling, the springs flattened out. Leaving me with under two inches of lift. I do play in the rocks a lot, but I was hoping to get over a year with a lift. [emoji23]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Right now I’m going 35s but I want to eventually run 37s depending on how I feel about 35s since it is my DD

Okay, with that said, this 3" TeraFlex lift that really yields well over 4" of lift would be crazy tall for just 35's or at least in my opinion. Certainly, you can run 35's with just a budget boost and your center of gravity would be in a much better position.

WJCO

Meme King
Right now I’m going 35s but I want to eventually run 37s depending on how I feel about 35s since it is my DD

This is a very recent thread that may be related to where you're at, maybe give it a read: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50273-Advice-on-lift

As far as 37s on a DD, you would really benefit from a re-gear. However to run the proper gears, your pinion gear on a D30 axle starts getting really small and risky depending on the type of offroading you do. The more benefitial way would be an axle upgrade. Now if you have a Rubicon with a D44 upfront, your gearset would be bigger and safer (as far as the gearset itself, not the entire factory axle housing).

Top Bottom