Rear sway link issue EVO lift

JAGS

Hooked
I was afraid of that. I read on hear a lot that people were running with 1.5 and had no issues, guess I am not that lucky.

Is the link the same way on the other side? Other possibility is that your axle could have shifted when you installed the lift.

MericaMade

Is the link the same way on the other side? Other possibility is that your axle could have shifted when you installed the lift.

Its pretty close on other side too. If my axle did shift how would I correct that?

JAGS

Hooked
Its pretty close on other side too. If my axle did shift how would I correct that?

You'd need a rear trackbar bracket. Did you get one with your EVO lift? Maybe post up pics of the other side. That way we can see the comparison.

From there, that's just about the extent of my knowledge, but the more you can post, others can lend some additional advice. There are some great minds here.

MericaMade

You'd need a rear trackbar bracket. Did you get one with your EVO lift? Maybe post up pics of the other side. That way we can see the comparison.

From there, that's just about the extent of my knowledge, but the more you can post, others can lend some additional advice. There are some great minds here.

Yes, I have EVO rear track bar installed. I set my rear upper control arms to stock length at 17 1/4 center hole to hole since NO directions came with the kit and I was running out of daylight. I read later on here to set my rear uppers out to 18.5 as a starting point. I am hoping this will give me more clearance.

My axle did move around while i was installing the lift and I had to use ratchet straps to get bolts back in place.

I purchased the Enforcer Stage 2 drag link flip kit.

JAGS

Hooked
Oh shit, you know what,,, when I did it that way I was worried that the link would hit the shock. I am installing the Kings tomorrow and would think they would hit each other.

I just looked at my buddies Jeep and his are mounted the same way on the outside of the rail, but his is stock.

I have the EVO enforcer lift and my links are just like yours. I believe that is the correct way. My full lift was installed by Off Road Evolution.

JAGS

Hooked
Sorry Jags on the outside or inside?

Mine are on the outside like your original pic.

FWIW, my aftermarket wheels were 5.25 Backspacing and I still had to run 1.5 spacers to clear the links. I don't remember what stock BS is without looking it up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You've got the links on the wrong side of the brackets. Should be inboard away from the tire.

While this can be done, it is not correct. If you have big flex, your sway bar links will come into contact with the top of the lower control arm bracket.

Top Bottom