Shifting issues

Krystianjk

Hey guys ,
So yesterday as I was getting off the highway and pulling into my hood, I noticed that no matter how fast I was going my jeep wouldn't shift into lower gears so basically as I would add gas the RPMs would also go up and at no point would they go down , they'd only go down when I would start braking, I have a 2014 JKU with automatic transmission. Any help would be appreciated! This has never happened to me before. I thought maybe it was a tuner issue so I reinstalled the program again and the problem is still occurring.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey guys ,
So yesterday as I was getting off the highway and pulling into my hood, I noticed that no matter how fast I was going my jeep wouldn't shift into lower gears so basically as I would add gas the RPMs would also go up and at no point would they go down , they'd only go down when I would start braking, I have a 2014 JKU with automatic transmission. Any help would be appreciated! This has never happened to me before. I thought maybe it was a tuner issue so I reinstalled the program again and the problem is still occurring.

Sounds like your shift sensor is out, i would start there.

What is a shift sensor? :thinking:

What is a PRNDL? :thinking:

1144603.jpg
This is a shifting sensor also know as a transmission solenoid.

Ddays

Hooked
1144603.jpg
This is a shifting sensor also know as a transmission solenoid.

I'm not really trying to be an ass, but a solenoid does not sense anything, it actuates something. I agree with you that it could be this solenoid causing his issue. It could also just be a loose connection on the solenoid too.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey guys ,

might be a sensor...when was the last time you had the transmission fluid changed?

I had a similar issue when I swapped tire sizes. damn near spent money to have the transmission rebuilt but I got lucky and the shop that tested it told me nothing was wrong with the transmission.

I ended up resetting the tune back to original, reset the ECU by disconnecting both neg and pos cables from the battery.

in my case I touched the 2 cables to each other once disconnected from the battery to discharge the capacitors completely - do this at your own risk!

waiting 15 minutes with the cables disconnected does the same thing.

Put the cables back on the battery, started it (no driving) shut it down and installed the tune again.

Haven't had any issues since.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've had faulty ABS sensors but have not had it affect overall drivability...wonder if it's because I have the ESP permanently disabled :thinking:

Top Bottom