New tires

kgmclamb99

Hello all!
I am currently still looking for new tires to put on my (currently) stock JK... I was curious if you had to have a wheel spacer for 285 70r17s and if they would rub?? Or in other words, what is the largest tire I can run with a stock Jeep? The reason I am staying stock-ish (possible leveling kit) is the amount of driving I do.
Thanks for all the help!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
you'll need spacers with stock wheels.

I ran 315's on aftermarket wheels with 3.5" BS no issues

With whatever lift/boost you choose, make sure your brake lines and ABS lines are long enough that you don't put tension on them at full droop.

Also check that the brake line curve doesn't catch on the treads when you back up while you're in full turn.

Mine would barely catch a tread when I would back up full turn to driver - wore thru the plastic outer brake lining, just had to adjust the brake line to be more out of the way.

Mando

I run Dynatracs 285/70-17 on my JKU Rubicon stock. Rubs at full turn .. I believe on the Pitman Arm mostly ... easily avoidable by not doing a full turn. No problems wheeling for me or disconnecting.

Cheers!

powrsurg

I just researched this. You will need wheel spacers and you will hit your fenders if you disconnect your sway bars. You need to lift if you have a Rubi

Top Bottom