2016 Latitude 4x4 - 2.4 rough idle in D while stopped.

jpone

From reading a bunch of posts, I feel ok about the 2.4L engine noise. I am still not sure about the rough idle while stopped with the vehicle in D.

The vibration is pretty strong, and it levels off when put in N or P. I took a short video of the engine while in N, and then in D, and there is a significant difference in the visible engine vibration.

Is the rough idle while stopped and in Drive typical, or do I raise hell with the dealer?

Any experience with this would be appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm, I don't recall having a rough idle. How does it feel when you sit at park and throttle it up?

jpone

Hmmm, I don't recall having a rough idle. How does it feel when you sit at park and throttle it up?

Thanks for jumping in! Sitting in Park there is only a slight vibration, and it actually feels perfectly normal. Then if I throttle up it completely smooths out.

This is only happening in a noticeable way when the vehicle is brought to a stop and the A/T is still in Drive. If I stick it in N or P at this point, the vibration subsides?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for jumping in! Sitting in Park there is only a slight vibration, and it actually feels perfectly normal. Then if I throttle up it completely smooths out.

This is only happening in a noticeable way when the vehicle is brought to a stop and the A/T is still in Drive. If I stick it in N or P at this point, the vibration subsides?

How old is your Renegade and have you had all the TSB's made on it? If not, you should make an appointment with your dealership to have your computer flashed with all the updates.

jpone

How old is your Renegade and have you had all the TSB's made on it? If not, you should make an appointment with your dealership to have your computer flashed with all the updates.

Built April 2016. Last time I was in for a checkup they claimed to have re-flashed it. Looks like it's time for another visit and take them for a ride. They claimed to be unable to replicate the issue last time thru.

Top Bottom